Thread: would palette change?

Default would palette change?

Since i don't smoke as much cigars as of late. I was just wondering if my palette would change if i continued not smoking as many cigars.

2. Default

I vote yes. Seems like that if I go without a cigar for a period of time I can taste more flavor in a cigar.

Yes, it does. It also changes as time goes on. It changes depending on your environment and level of relaxation. It changes if you have a couple drinks in you. Subtle taste is highly subjective and easily affected by small things.

As a side note, I hate to be a grammar cop, but I notice that mixing up the words palate and palette is a quite common error. Palette is the range of artists colors. Palate refers to taste. Hopefully, I don't offend in pointing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyth
    As a side note, I hate to be a grammar cop, but I notice that mixing up the words palate and palette is a quite common error. Palette is the range of artists colors. Palate refers to taste. Hopefully, I don't offend in pointing this out.
    offend? not at all, i'd rather have someone point it out, that way i don't keep typing words wrong over and over

Default Agreed...

My PALATE (gotta remember that!) has changed drastically over the years as I suppose anyone's does. You start out smoking mild cigars like Macanudos and then one day your lighting up a Joya de Nicaragua Antano and you think it tastes bland. That's when your screwed and you have to pull back a bit on smoking the strong stuff.

I try to mix stuff up from day to day. I went on a sungrown binge a while back and that was a mistake. After a while, all my cigars tasted horrible. My PALATE had become bored with sungrown wrappers. At that point everything tasted like crap for a while.

I've also found that hydration can affect my PALATE. Be sure to drink a lot of water. No other fluids you take in count. Coffee dehydrates you as do soft drinks and tea.

Thread Information