Thread: Goddamn It I Hate You Guys!!

Default Goddamn It I Hate You Guys!!

Man I wish you people would stop recommending Cigarbid.com. I finally went there and now I'm fooking hooked dammit.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    Man I wish you people would stop recommending Cigarbid.com. I finally went there and now I'm fooking hooked dammit.
    We actually get kickbacks for every new member (addict) we send over.
    Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - - Mark Twain

TonyDogs Guest

Default Cigarbid is not that great!

Compare some of the prices to CI which owns cigarbid, or paylesscigars and you will see you could be paying more on cigarbid.
    I will say cigar bid is still fun!

4. Default

I'm tempted to check that place out.....

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDogs
    Compare some of the prices to CI which owns cigarbid, or paylesscigars and you will see you could be paying more on cigarbid.

it has been said to research before bidding on anything. also remember to factor in shipping.
    "Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it never gets you anywhere,.....write that down" -Van Wilder

Default correct

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDogs

Tonydogs is right; you can pay more at cigarbid. But if you do your research and set your limits accordingly you can get some deals. Just be careful not to get into bidding wars. I did with a guy on some Padron's and thankfully he wanted them more than me. And he ended up paying more per smoke for the five pack than he would of buying singles. It is fun as hell to win.

I just recently joined Cigar Bid too. I get the impression that CI puts stuff up on Cigar Bid that is slow moving in their inventory. Maybe?

None-the-less, I find it a great site and I guess as long as your careful about the bidding you stand to get a good deal. However, TonyDogs is right. Shop around before you bid. I too have found the same stuff on CigarBid at other sites for a bit less $$$.

I feel ya, brother. I'm hooked also. Although, I have some nice, cheddar-saving bids, and actually won a few! It IS fun to win.

Moo

Be very careful about the numbers of cigars in a lot. It sometimes appears they're offering a box of cigars, and in reality it's a 5 pack or a single. I've seen some people go absolutely ape over a cigar like an Opus, and bid it up over $40.00. Definitely not worth it!!!

It appears it's a mixed bag - some are cigars they want to get rid of, some appear to be overruns by manufacturers they're trying to get rid of, some appear to be popular smokes (PAM '64's, Opus', etc.) that bid well over MSRP.

Know what the cigars cost (don't trust their MSRP quote - do research at other cigar selling sites), set a limit for yourself, and only bid when you feel the time is right. And if you set a limit - stick by the limit - don't be tempted to overspend because you gotta have a certain cigar - it'll come back up again...

For those of you wanting some type of portable cigar carrying device - the otter boxes sometimes go pretty cheap - again, watch what they're priced at compared to what some are selling them for - and make sure you get at least a 15 cigar box - any less is kinda useless...

I got addicted to Cigarauctioneer for a while. I had a box coming every week for about 2 months. It does get old after a while though plus the deals there aren't what they were a few months ago. Becareful bidding as you can find yourself getting caught up in the sport of bidding and end up paying more than retail. Make sure you research what your bidding on at other sites 1st. Often I find stuff cheaper at other retailers online than on the auctions.
    "When I was a kid my parents moved alot, but I always found them".- Rodney Dangerfield

How many times do we have to tell you guys?!

cbid is the DEVIL!!!

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

Thread Information