Thread: So What The F%^&K Do I Do Now???????

Default So What The F%^&K Do I Do Now???????

So I was in the process of taking my shower getting ready to head to the bank to get the money order for the Padron Split when my cell phone rings. Naturally I look at it and it's from my son (18 yo) so I answer it. I'm met with a wavering little voice on the other end that says Dad I'm not worthy of being your son, I'm not worthy of living with you, I'll take any punishment that you want to dish out but I need you to come pick me up. So here's where the WTF comes in. And I asked the question.... WTF??? He proceeds to tell me he's at the local police station and I needed to pick him up. So again naturally I ask WTF again. He says dad I'll explain it when you come get me. And also tells me that there wasn't an accident or anything and everyone's fine but I needed to come pick him up.

So I get to the police station park the truck and try to compose myself and sit there for a second. I finally open the truck and get out taking a second to look off into the distance to collect my thoughts. As I turn around low and behold there stands my son. I ask him WTF is going on and, with head hung very low, he proceeds to tell me that he got sighted for possession of marijuana and a pipe, they impounded our suburban and lucky for him he didn't get a DUI.......

After I went for a little walk around the Police Station Parking Lot I did everything in my power not to F'in kill him right on the spot. After I got back to him I was asking him WTF were you thinking??? All he could come up with was "I wasn't Dad" WELL NO F'IN SHIT!!!!!

So after I went to the impound yard to try to get my suburban out of impound I find out that because the suburban is in my wife's name I can't get it out without a release of liability from her. In most cases that would be easy to do BUT she is in F'in Texas visiting her son and I can't get a hold of her. Also the letter has to be notarized and faxed to me.

So fee's so far:

$150.00 to the city for the fine.
    $200.00 to the towing company for towing the suburban
    $50.00 for the first day of impound

$50.00 a day until I can get it out of impound... And wouldn't you know it they are closed on the weekend. So I have to get this done by today or tomorrow or I get charged for the weekend also.....

Also today I just bought him a plane ticket to go live/work with my Ex-wife over in Germany after he graduates that cost me $945.00.

Another good thing to point out is he was due to fly on the 11th of June. His court date for this little incident is scheduled for the 13th of July. So he/daddy dearest is going to have to go to the court house and plead for them to move the court date up sooner......

Sorry for ranting I had to get it off my chest.

Do I feel any better..... Not really.

** To Will ** I am deeply sorry for having to back out of the split. But I'm trying to ask myself how the HELL I'm going to afford any of this right now.

Anyone got any ideas????????

Blog Entries

He gets a job. Today. Pays back everything, including buying you a box of Padron 3000's. If he can't get the court date changed, he gets to reimburse your plane ticket as well. Don't care if it's flipping burgers at McD's, he's going to pay you back. I'm assuming he has no bills.

Not sure where you are at, but a citation for possession and paraphernalia is probably something he can get expunged, or just see if he can't contact the city prosecutor and cut a deal. That costs $ too, but weigh that cost versus replacing that plane ticket, and you might find out it's cheaper. Can't imagine why he'd need to go to court for simple possession, unless there wasn't anything 'simple' about this possession.

It's been my experience that he'll be more remorseful if you just let him know that you're disappointed rather than screaming and yelling at him. My 0.02.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Hey man, no sweat on the Padrons. I can move them. You do what you need to do.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    He gets a job. Today. Pays back everything, including buying you a box of Padron 3000's. If he can't get the court date changed, he gets to reimburse your plane ticket as well. Don't care if it's flipping burgers at McD's, he's going to pay you back. I'm assuming he has no bills.

Not sure where you are at, but a citation for possession and paraphernalia is probably something he can get expunged, or just see if he can't contact the city prosecutor and cut a deal. That costs $ too, but weigh that cost versus replacing that plane ticket, and you might find out it's cheaper. Can't imagine why he'd need to go to court for simple possession, unless there wasn't anything 'simple' about this possession.

It's been my experience that he'll be more remorseful if you just let him know that you're disappointed rather than screaming and yelling at him. My 0.02.
    X2
    I have experience with this, but, in my state, at the time that it happened there wasn't any of this citation shit. Straight to the calaboose she went.....I got the call that I needed to come pay some bail money to get her out. I got the call on Friday, and I paid the bail...................on Monday.

She got a job on Tuesday, and started paying me back with her first check.

Sorry to hear this.

I hope your son realizes that though Possession and some other crimes, on their face, are "victimless" crimes, it can cause great harm to those around--and not so close to--him.

Not only are you out of the opportunity to partake in the split, others from across the continent have been unduly forced to re-arrange things (even if everyone's understanding about it).

I hope you're able to work everything out with him and he truly uses this as a learning opportunity. Good luck.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

I can't get it out without a release of liability from her.

Just get someone to forge it for you the impound lot don't give a crap they just want the $. Do not forge it yoru self they may look at the hand writeng.

My wife signs my name better than i do.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

The good news - from what I understand first time offenders have the option of a "diversion" program. So he should be able to get himself into that program to keep this off of his record.

Not surprising the tow bill is what it is. Life's lesson, though - tell your son he was damned lucky he did not do what he did somewhere else. Here in Illinois they would have tacked on an addition $500 "administration" fee to get the truck back (in addition to the towing and storage fees). Otherwise they'd be looking at seizing the truck due to the drug charge.

Last piece of advice from a father to a father. Be a father, kick his butt but be there for him - and don't be too hard on the boy. As much as it pains you to hear this right now - trust me - one day you will laugh about this with your son.

8. Default

I'd go for the diversion is available. The diversion program we have in our courts gives good info to offenders. I wish I could take him with me on a ride along one night...I'd show him what that life style could lead to.

Like George said be there for him. Be a strong father not a best bud.

Blog Entries

b) Except as authorized by law, every person who possesses not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis, is guilty of an infraction punishable by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars ($100).
    http://www.chrisconrad.com/expert.wi...scodetext.html

It looks like its just an infraction in calf and the pipe is not illegal per say but the resin in it can my part of the weight. It's not as bad as it could be but making him responsible for every dime plus I charge him your wage per hour for all the time you spent getting all this straighten out. I also make him do some kind of a research paper on drugs and prison in Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legalit...bis_by_country

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Shit, Anything under an ounce is not a criminal offence in MA anymore.
    I just read cinda's post...I don't think in MA they would even tow the car. It's just a civil ticket now days.
    I read in the Globe a few months ago the state is not even enforcing the payment of the fines.
    Last edited by Paddy; 05-07-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Why in the hell did you buy the plane ticket AFTER finding out he got arrested for drug possession and especially considering you knew he had a court date for July 13th? ? I'm kind of having a real hard time feeling sorry for you.

Get a refund of the plane ticket and use the money to get your Suburban out of impound and tell him he's on his own as far as how he's going to get his pothead a$$ to Germany AFTER he's completed his obligations to the courts and drug education/probation/whatever...

Then put him on a payment plan to pay you back ALL the expenses you incurred for him breaking the law.

If you don't force him to pay for it, you get what you deserve.

My wife and I went away for a weekend twenty years ago. Her 14 year old daughter decided to have a house party and a whole slew of scumbags invaded our house and trashed it. These little bastards drank every drop of alcohol in the house, smashed holes in the wall, injured our cat, stole a Nintendo and various games and actually tried to steal the stereos out of our cars.

The damages were well over $1,000.00 and we made her pay every, single damn penny of it back. It took her three years.

She never did it again....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Why in the hell did you buy the plane ticket AFTER finding out he got arrested for drug possession and especially considering you knew he had a court date for July 13th? ? I'm kind of having a real hard time feeling sorry for you.

Get a refund of the plane ticket and use the money to get your Suburban out of impound and tell him he's on his own as far as how he's going to get his pothead a$$ to Germany AFTER he's completed his obligations to the courts and drug education/probation/whatever...

Then put him on a payment plan to pay you back ALL the expenses you incurred for him breaking the law.

My wife and I went away for a weekend twenty years ago. Her 14 year old daughter decided to have a house party and a whole slew of scumbags invaded our house and trashed it. These little bastards drank every drop of alcohol in the house, smashed holes in the wall, injured our cat, stole a Nintendo and various games and actually tried to steal the stereos out of our cars.

The damages were well over $1,000.00 and we made her pay every, single damn penny of it back. It took her three years.

Your cat was injuried? OMG She must of scared sh@tless!

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post

You've got it backwards..... I purchased that ticket earlier that morning PRIOR to him going to school. NOT after this shit happened. I might be Crazy but I'm by no means stupid!!!

14. Default

You lost me at 18 yr old. I got an 18 yr old boy,no way id bail him out. His mom might but I wouldnt. Never got caught with weed but of course I didnt drive down the road smokin it. That was what house is for
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    You've got it backwards..... I purchased that ticket earlier that morning PRIOR to him going to school. NOT after this shit happened. I might be Crazy but I'm by no means stupid!!!
    Well the way you wrote it, it sure looked like it was the other way around. Since you bought the plane ticket BEFORE the drug arrest then you've got an even better reason to return it for a refund.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information