Thread: Spring is the worst

Default Spring is the worst

Any other Allergy sufferers out there. This year is especially bad. On top of the itchy eyes, and runny nose I have a cough and chest congestion I never had before. How can you enjoy a smoke!

I used to be ridiculously allergic to the mountain cedar that's so prevalent here when I was a kid...we lived out in the country and it would tear me up! Some how, I must've grown accustomed to it as I haven't had an allergy attack in years...probably since '97 or so.

Have you found any medicine that works for you? I used to have luck with regular over the counter benadryl.

My problem is tree pollen. Im using Allegra this year. The pollen count is so high this year medication only buys me sometime. Im just going to have to ride it out until June.

Blog Entries

Go to your local clinic and get a shot of depomedrol. It is a steroid injection. I get one every year about this time and again in the fall when my allergies are at their worst. It might take a bit of convincing to get the doc to give it to you, but it works wonders. Just make sure you get it at the peak of the season because it only lasts about a month.

Allergies here too. I wouldn't say that im congested all the time, just annoyingly so, while decongestants turn me too much into a space cadet for me to function properly.

One good thing about spring though, all the sun dresses come out from hiding soon...
    :D

I'll trade the lot of you, your allergies for mine. I've got Aquagenic Puritis.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Blog Entries

I use a neti pot daily, it's kinda like a little teapot you fill with saline solution to rinse out the sinuses, it really helps.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wild View Post
    I'll trade the lot of you, your allergies for mine. I've got Aquagenic Puritis.
    I had to turn to google for this one, god damn that sucks, how does one deal with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    I use a neti pot daily, it's kinda like a little teapot you fill with saline solution to rinse out the sinuses, it really helps.
    X2!! I swear by that thing. It takes a little getting used to but it works wonders. I'm just glad that I live out in California. For me out here the dry climate helps a lot. But I still have to worry about the dust. But I'll take the dust over the million and one other things I'm allergic too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdre977 View Post
    I had to turn to google for this one, god damn that sucks, how does one deal with that?
    Live in a low humidity environment, usually low to single digit RH here in AZ and shower painfully.
    Wild

On Tap -

1. Red IPA
    2. Extreme Red

Secondary - Mesquite Bourbon Mead

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." - Humphrey Bogart

Thread Information