Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How long did it take for you to develop your "nose"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Or Chocolate....many amazing compounds to be found there.
    For example, maple syrup
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    You got it backwards Nate. It's the chocolate tasters that do the looking down. We're just fighting back. Get used to it.

Doc.
    I actually saw the members of this forum that say they can find tastes in their cigars to be saying "Hey don't sweat it, it takes time and it's no big deal so long as you enjoy what you smoke." If you seemed to be crusading this on a forum with pretentious douchebags I'd be right there with ya Doc but we don't have a lot of them here.

For the record I don't taste chocolate, I have had time when the sweet tobacco has been mixed with a little bitter and sort of, again sort of, reminds me of a dark cocoa, but not because there are extremely remarkable similarities but because language give me no other decent description.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

3. Default

That's a bummer...had to require mine in for a brand new timing belt not too in the past. NO fun...

Quote Originally Posted by cheepvaporizer View Post
    that's a bummer...had to require mine in for a brand new timing belt not too in the past. No fun...
    wtf ????????????
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

This spambot again?

Edit: Just realized that was my quote again...that spambot has a hard-on for me I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    That's a bummer...had to take mine in for a new timing belt not too long ago. NO fun...
    Last edited by b.read; 06-14-2011 at 08:27 PM.

That kind is of funny talk. Spam bot know english good not.

Not sure if I have a "cigar nose" but I have learned that if I can detect ammonia or other metallic notes its going to be a shit smoke, I think a cigar should smell like something natural (duh) if it smells overly musty, moldy or manure-like I stay away. I just had a bad smoke not to long ago & funny thing is it was my nose that told me NO but I went ahead anyway because it was a free stick...the nose was right it was a real shitstick! Just my two cents

Rene
    What happened here? He fell down the stairs & broke his penis!

Sorry...double post.
    Last edited by b.read; 06-14-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Double post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by b.read View Post
    Sorry...double post.
    Unless.....YOU'RE the spam bot!!!!

The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I didn't think of that....quick! Get yer glasses!

somewhere out there there's a small insular community of reviewers (probably from new york and san fran) where your standing is determined by the range of illusory tases you can claim to detect....it's possible they support themselves by selling high end bottled water

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    For example, maple syrup
    ...or even candies (like Smarties, just to mention one)

...or non-Cuban, Cuban cigars (just to mention another).

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    ...or non-Cuban, Cuban cigars (just to mention another).
    I'm confused...Are they Cubans rolled by Non-Cubans, or non-Cubans rolled by Cubans?
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Perhaps it's because my tastebuds are fried from years of drinking and smoking, but all I can tell is whether I like them or not. Some more, some less than others. I mean, I can isolate what it is that I like or dislike about them but just can't express it in words. All I can realistically do is compare it to another cigar. Can anyone describe what a strawberry tastes like to someone that has never had one? Kind of like a cherry, but different. What annoys me is the most common description, "a nutty flavor". How that is supposed to be useful to anybody is beyond me. Maybe if they said what kind of nut, but I think they're just scrambling for nutty, leathery words with a hint of chocolate to fill their reviews.
    "I took the liberty of... bullshitting you; okay?" ~Elwood
    "You lied to me man!" ~Jake
    "It wasn't lies; it was just... bullshit." ~Elwood

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hed View Post
    Perhaps it's because my tastebuds are fried from years of drinking and smoking, but all I can tell is whether I like them or not. Some more, some less than others. I mean, I can isolate what it is that I like or dislike about them but just can't express it in words. All I can realistically do is compare it to another cigar. Can anyone describe what a strawberry tastes like to someone that has never had one? Kind of like a cherry, but different. What annoys me is the most common description, "a nutty flavor". How that is supposed to be useful to anybody is beyond me. Maybe if they said what kind of nut, but I think they're just scrambling for nutty, leathery words with a hint of chocolate to fill their reviews.
    Well, duh.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Think I'm still developing it ... have heard that practice makes it perfect, so it seems i just have to continue smoking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prophetic_joe View Post
    I actually saw the members of this forum that say they can find tastes in their cigars to be saying "Hey don't sweat it, it takes time and it's no big deal so long as you enjoy what you smoke." If you seemed to be crusading this on a forum with pretentious douchebags I'd be right there with ya Doc but we don't have a lot of them here.

For the record I don't taste chocolate, I have had time when the sweet tobacco has been mixed with a little bitter and sort of, again sort of, reminds me of a dark cocoa, but not because there are extremely remarkable similarities but because language give me no other decent description.
    Lets face it if cigars tasted like chocolate more womem would of taken over this vice long ago.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

I swear I had a cigar once that tasted like what I expect ass to taste like.

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    I swear I had a cigar once that tasted like what I expect ass to taste like.
    You could have a field day doing a review on that cigar!

Thread Information