Thread: I R so confused about isomz.

1. Default I R so confused about isomz.

Hey all, I have this running argument with people about (not sure if I can use the word here, so) isoms and non of the same make.

My point in case, Romeo y Julietta made in isom is later generations of the original seeds made by workers working for a state run company.

RyJ made in the Dom rep are made by the people who originally created them and their offspring, they also use the same or similar seed and as they are privately owned and their roots go back years making the same cigars should have a greater love for them.

So, my question is this, the main difference is the soil, so can the isoms really be so much better, i.e. is it all a load of snobbery? Or are the Dom Reps just as good?

Please...discuss

Blog Entries

It depends.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

The ones that taste like chocolate are really good. The easter egg ones suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Yeti View Post
    So, my question is this, the main difference is the soil, so can the isoms really be so much better, i.e. is it all a load of snobbery? Or are the Dom Reps just as good?
    Again, whatever you like is what's important. Try both. Several times, under a variety of circumstances. You may find that your tastes change over time. Then again, they may not.

Simply put, anyone telling you that the cigars you enjoy aren't as good as a different cigar you don't enjoy is full of shit. This is a hobby predicated on subjective preferences.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

I believe that many things affect the properties of tobacco, including preconceptions of the smoker.

You're right, the composition of the soil in which they are grown is one of them, as is the actual variety of tobacco (cuban seed), fertilizer applied, harvest method, curing method, fermentation method, etc.....

Search the interweb and I bet you could find some serious debate on just how much the genetic "lineage" of tobacco seeds has to do with the finished product, outside of disease/drought resistance that is.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    This is a hobby predicated on subjective preferences.
    Now that I like the sound of that

Blog Entries

Cuban tobacco has more Lithium.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Again, whatever you like is what's important. Try both. Several times, under a variety of circumstances. You may find that your tastes change over time. Then again, they may not.

Simply put, anyone telling you that the cigars you enjoy aren't as good as a different cigar you don't enjoy is full of shit. This is a hobby predicated on subjective preferences.
    An exception is made for Acids and noodles.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Cuban tobacco keep my manic depression in check.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Or weed, depending on the vitola.

Thread Information