Drink: None
    Tunes: None

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra Oscuro
    Binder: Nicaraguan
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Draw: Medium
    Burn: Good
    Misc: about 60min

Pre-light: Nice construction with some veins. Cocoa sweet tobacco scent that’s just a little musty, but in a good way. Colorado maduro shade wrapper. Not much taste on the cut prelight flavor.

Light: Easy. Medium draw.

1st 3rd: A little spicy and leathery. Some black licorice undertones. Medium body and woodsy. Maybe some subtle cocoa notes. Smooth, but a little bite. Nice sofar.

Ash: Light gray with mottled dark gray mixed in. Stacked nice and solid. Holds on for about 1 ¾”

2nd 3rd: Woodsy notes, sweet tobacco, a little leather. Moved more to a light to medium body now. Still has that faint black licorice twinge and some cocoa.

3rd 3rd: Woodsy. Getting a little more oily now, and needs a purge. Subtle flavors dissipating. Oily is mixing with the sweet tobacco flavors, and making the woodsy more rich. Back to a solid medium body now.

Overall impression: I understand the online auction sites have nice prices on these, and if so, it’d be worth it.

Thanks Dan for picking me up one of these while we hit your shop.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

2. Default

These cigars are in my regular rotation. Obviously, I like them very much. I agree with the woodsy overtones and can understand where you might describe what you taste as licorice, but is that unsweetened or sweetened cocoa? With milk or straight out of the Hershey's box? By the way, I just set one down.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    These cigars are in my regular rotation. Obviously, I like them very much. I agree with the woodsy overtones and can understand where you might describe what you taste as licorice, but is that unsweetened or sweetened cocoa? With milk or straight out of the Hershey's box? By the way, I just set one down.

Doc.
    I can't recall. I jotted these notes down about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Usually when I mention something about a cocoa note, it's not like baker's chocolate, it's more the sweetened version.

FWIW, we had the Cubao #4 in the maduro for the blind megareview, and I didn't care for it much.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

4. Default

I don't care for maduro cigars, period. Almost never smoke them. I think the maduro stage is something all newbs go through and eventually leave behind. The maduro wrapper obscures the taste of the bunch and lessens the complexity of the cigar, in my opinion.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

I don't care for maduro cigars, period. Almost never smoke them. I think the maduro stage is something all newbs go through and eventually leave behind. The maduro wrapper obscures the taste of the bunch and lessens the complexity of the cigar, in my opinion.

Doc.
    I can respect that. I partake and enjoy both in certain lines such as Padron, or AF Hemi. At this point in my cigar journey I'd neither say I'm a maduro guy, or a non-maduro guy.

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Doc.
    Nice review Will. I've smoked both #4's too and I preferred the Maduro, so the theory holds.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Thread Information