Thread: Looking for a new phone

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Default Looking for a new phone

I've been looking at a Samsung Galaxy S, anybody here have one? I could use some feedback from someone other than reviews I've been reading. I'll also gladly take suggestions on some other phones too.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

I just bought a new phone last Friday and actually was considering the Samsung Captivate (which I understand is AT&T's name for the Galaxy)...

It looked to be a very nice phone- the features and capabilities that the salesmen showed me were pretty impressive, and that along with the feedback from friends who love their droid phones, I was really considering it.

While the screen size of the Captivate looked great at first glance, I thought about it and realized it was quite a bit bigger than what I wanted so I went with an iphone 4. This is my first smartphone as I have been dragging my heels for years, but it's been great so far. Battery life isn't that great while 3G is turned on, but it's still good enough for me.

What network are you on?

Blog Entries

This is my first smartphone as I have been dragging my heels for years, but it's been great so far. Battery life isn't that great while 3G is turned on, but it's still good enough for me.

What network are you on?
    This will be my first one too...I'm coming from an old Razr flip. From what I've read in reviews, everyone is complaining about the battery life, but I don't think that'll be a big issue with me as I'll probably not be using the internet that much.

I'm with T-Mobile but probably not much longer after the convo I had with them. They have a unlimited talk/text/data plan for 79.99 but so does the other company and they have the same phone 30 bucks cheaper.

Blog Entries

5. Default

I have had my Galaxy S for about a month...Almost flawless. It did freeze up once due to an app I installed. I uninstalled the app and back to normal. The only real problem is battery life. I have to re-charge every day.

It's fast...Surfing the net is a breeze. I have a few apps installed that help me at work. The screen is large and is really easy to see with the exception of direct bright sunlight. Graphics are outstanding.

I'd buy it again.
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 05-24-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Blog Entries

Just got through talking to Cellular South...they're they ones that have the phone cheaper. I found out why it was cheaper...it's 3g not 4g...not a deal breaker though. Also, their talk/text/data plan is the same as Tmobile but with a second line it drops to 39.99.

Blog Entries

Here's what you need:
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I would gladly use one of those. Do they make it in wireless? I would hate it if I had to strap 30 miles of extension cords to the back of my motorcycle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Here's what you need:

Do not laugh I have one of those....remake tho for people that dis-like talking for long.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisFred View Post
    Just got through talking to Cellular South...they're they ones that have the phone cheaper. I found out why it was cheaper...it's 3g not 4g...not a deal breaker though. Also, their talk/text/data plan is the same as Tmobile but with a second line it drops to 39.99.
    Besides, if you look, i was referring to this. I was attempting to ease his mind a bit by letting him know that 3g is fine in the "network" aspect.

Blog Entries

Just to add: the 3g/4g thing is carrier-dependent, as some carriers in North America have used the term '4g' as a way of marketing improved/enhanced 3g technologies. For example, HSPA+ is a big improvement over UMTS. Both are technically 3g. However, if you buy a '3g' phone from some carriers, then you get a UMTS phone; but if you get a '4g' phone from those carriers, then you get an HSPA+ phone.

Blog Entries

Just to add: the 3g/4g thing is carrier-dependent, as some carriers in North America have used the term '4g' as a way of marketing improved/enhanced 3g technologies.
    Thanks everybody for the help...Craig, I think what you're saying is what I found out. What I was told was, although Tmobile says they're a 4g carrier, doesn't mean you'll have 4g in your city as it's mostly in the large metros like NY, Atlanta, LA., etc. Memphis is large but not large enough for them to have it here. Mostly as was said, it's a marketing ploy, yes they can legally say they have it but they're just not tell you the whole truth.

I pulled the trigger last night and changed over to Cellular South. My lady and I both got the Galaxy S (3g, with the contract & instant rebates for 99.00 ea.), free activation, unlimited talk/text/data for 59.99 per phone with first month free, 2 car chargers, a skin for her phone and an otter box shell for mine. Out the door, tax & all for 335.00, alot of money, but for what we got...well, I'm satisfied.

Thread Information