Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a new phone

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Why would you be involved in a light hearted discussion when come in "straight away with strong opinions and heavy posts"?
    That is quite the question. I thought this was a board for people who like to relax and smoke a cigar, why would people be getting their panties in a wad over something so trivial?

(still not trying to stir things up, I am not posting in an attacking manner)

Oh, your answer. Strong opinions and heavy posts can be light hearted and cool as a cucumber.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WIP View Post
    That is quite the question. I thought this was a board for people who like to relax and smoke a cigar, why would people be getting their panties in a wad over something so trivial?

(still not trying to stir things up, I am not posting in an attacking manner)
    How would you know what this board is for? You've been here for less than a week.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

In my opinion, that is a loaded question, but here is my answer. I have already seen people post things like "smoking cigars is about relaxing" and "If I am focused on tasting chocolate I can't relax and enjoy my smoke". This is why I figured this board was for people who want to relax and enjoy a cigar. I could be wrong though.

I feel I have derailed this thread. To the OP, I am sorry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WIP View Post
    Oh, your answer. Strong opinions and heavy posts can be light hearted and cool as a cucumber.
    Or assinine and indicative of future contributions.

It was apparent, from his post, that Fred was aware that 3g and 4g wasn't a big concern to him, so your attempt to "ease his mind" was not necessary.

Nobody has their panties in a wad, it's simply customary here to point out bullshit or otherwise erroneous posts. Don't make 'em and you won't get confronted.
    Last edited by ashauler; 05-26-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: dadgum spelling

Got it. I will do my best to keep my nose out of things I am clueless about. I am an easy going guy, and I don't feel as though I am the type to cause problems on a board like this. I am sorry for all the trouble.

Blog Entries

Just to add: the 3g/4g thing is carrier-dependent, as some carriers in North America have used the term '4g' as a way of marketing improved/enhanced 3g technologies. For example, HSPA+ is a big improvement over UMTS. Both are technically 3g. However, if you buy a '3g' phone from some carriers, then you get a UMTS phone; but if you get a '4g' phone from those carriers, then you get an HSPA+ phone.

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

Just to add: the 3g/4g thing is carrier-dependent, as some carriers in North America have used the term '4g' as a way of marketing improved/enhanced 3g technologies.
    Thanks everybody for the help...Craig, I think what you're saying is what I found out. What I was told was, although Tmobile says they're a 4g carrier, doesn't mean you'll have 4g in your city as it's mostly in the large metros like NY, Atlanta, LA., etc. Memphis is large but not large enough for them to have it here. Mostly as was said, it's a marketing ploy, yes they can legally say they have it but they're just not tell you the whole truth.

I pulled the trigger last night and changed over to Cellular South. My lady and I both got the Galaxy S (3g, with the contract & instant rebates for 99.00 ea.), free activation, unlimited talk/text/data for 59.99 per phone with first month free, 2 car chargers, a skin for her phone and an otter box shell for mine. Out the door, tax & all for 335.00, alot of money, but for what we got...well, I'm satisfied.
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Thread Information