Smoke: Gurkha’s Park Avenue Series 44 Presidente
    Drink: Session Black
    Listening to: A thunderstorm in the distance

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut seed
    Binder: Nicaraguan?
    Filler: Nicaraguan
    Draw: Medium, smooth
    Burn: Good
    Misc: If the burn got funky, it would even it's self out quickly. The ash it's self wouldn't hold over an inch.

Pre-light: Smooth looking wrapper, It gave me the feeling that it would be a soft, smooth smoke. The nose of course gave me notes of caramel and cedar.

Cut: My wife took the car, so I didn't have a cutter. I just used my fingernail to remove part of the cap. It worked quite well, and didn't effect the smoke.

Light: Even, smooth, medium draw.

1st 3rd: I would say the smoke its self was quite weak. It was quite nice though. I got notes of honey and cinnamon.

Ash: Light grey to dark grey in layers, slight yellowing at the end. Held on a max of 1 inch.

2nd 3rd: The smoke finally came into its own, thick and billowy. The cinnamon turned into more of a black pepper. The draw sped up a bit causing it to heat up a touch. It cooled rather quickly though.

3rd 3rd: Here it changed completely. I started to get more of a tannic feel from it (leather, bark, etc.) and the spice changed into an earthy flavor.

Overall impression: I loved it, especially toward the middle and end. Because of the end, I would pair this one with a rich steak. Tannin and fat counteract each other so your taste buds would stay fresh throughout.

Thanks for the review. I happened to have opened a Session Black right before I opened this thread. Wish I could pair it with a smoke, but it's raining.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Enjoyed one of these while floatin' the river the other day...good smoke for when I'm in the mood for a light, but lengthy smoke.

Blog Entries

Now here's a "Park Ave" :

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information