Thread: Don Pipin Garcia

Default Don Pipin Garcia

I've been gravitating to Pepin blues and blacks lately and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what other brands are similar?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    I've been gravitating to Pipin blues and blacks lately and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what other brands are similar?
    Hello from Bitterville.

I dunno, maybe the 60 other lines that Pepin makes?

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Cool

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-07_10-17-34_164.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	2429 You should try there My Father limited edition 2011. only 3500 boxes made.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CigarHustler View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-06-07_10-17-34_164.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	2429 You should try there My Father limited edition 2011. only 3500 boxes made.
    their

I don't think the My Father, non-fancy schmancy LE tasted ANYTHING like a DPG black.

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Hello from Bitterville.

I dunno, maybe the 60 other lines that Pepin makes?

Will
    Well, I only smoke occasionally and just wanted to put a couple of other comparable smokes in my humidor. I was just trying to see what others who have smoked Don Pepin's Blue's and Black's might think.

So far, most of the recommendations have been Padron's Tatuaje's Rocky Patel's, Kristof's and Oliva's.

What I like about both the blue and the black's are the medium smooth and creaminess, the pepper and also the sweet chocolate notes.

So far I'm planning on picking up Padron 2000, the Tatuaje red and the Oliva O's or G's and giving them a try.

Blog Entries

Try the series JJ in both maduro and natural.

Well, I only smoke occasionally and just wanted to put a couple of other comparable smokes in my humidor. I was just trying to see what others who have smoked Don Pepin's Blue's and Black's might think.

So far, most of the recommendations have been Padron's Tatuaje's Rocky Patel's, Kristof's and Oliva's.

What I like about both the blue and the black's are the medium smooth and creaminess, the pepper and also the sweet chocolate notes.

So far I'm planning on picking up Padron 2000, the Tatuaje red and the Oliva O's or G's and giving them a try.
    I have yet to smoke a bad Padron. Never had a Tat, so no opinion there, but the Oliva O's and G's are definitely good smokes. Of the four, three are definitely ones I would keep in my humidor any day of the week happily. So check them out when you can, and I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.

Blog Entries

are you "theginguy" on other boards?

Will

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    their

I don't think the My Father, non-fancy schmancy LE tasted ANYTHING like a DPG black.
    Sorry. had no idea grammar was so important on a cigar forum.

Blog Entries

Well, now you do. This sentence is pretty shitty too.

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Try:

My apologies to the good people of this forum. I was not aware that such emphasis was placed on proper grammar in this community. I'll be sure to come up with something useful to say next time.

Or, go try peddling your wares elsewhere.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I had no idea grammar was so important anywhere today. It seems like it's fallen out of favor.

Sad - it makes one look pretty st00pid...

Blog Entries

Actually, your error wasn't so much a grammatical error, you made your mistake because you're too stupid to know the difference between "there," "their" and "they're."

As badwhale pointed out, your second post was pretty lousy too with respect to proper punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure.

I also agree that the My Father cigars are nothing like Don Pepins.

Tex, I don't like Don Pepins so I don't have any suggestions for similar cigars for you. I would suggest that you try any of the Davidoff Gran Cru cigars. If you like "medium, smooth, creamy" and "peppery" then you really ought to try one. I like the No. 1 size the best.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-24-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say I love this shit, just reading some of your threads brings tears of joy and laughter to my eyes! lol

Just reminds me too much of the good ol' days...
    Last edited by Roham; 06-09-2011 at 02:38 AM.
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Tex, I don't like Don Pepins so I don't have any suggestions for similar cigars for you. I would suggest that you try any of the Davidoff Gran Cru cigars. If you like "medium, smooth, creamy" and "peppery" then you really ought to try one. I like the No. 1 size the best.
    Thanks Coventry, I'll give those a try.

I had Padron 2000 last night and I wasn't dig'n it.

I had an Oliva O Maduro this morning and I enjoyed it.

Blog Entries

Thanks Coventry, I'll give those a try.

I had Padron 2000 last night and I wasn't dig'n it.

I had an Oliva O Maduro this morning and I enjoyed it.
    I like the fancy Padrons, the 1926s and the 1964s but the cheaper ones don't do it for me either.

The old Oliva "O" Bolds and Oliva "O" Maduros (the ones with the satin bands) were great cigars, I used to smoke them all the time back about eight years ago but I'm not a fan of the new Oliva Os. I like the new "V" series, I think they're much better.

I smoked one of those My Father "Limited Edition" maduros on Wednesday night that guy 'CigarHustler" suggested above and it was was absolutely awful. The wrapper tasted terrible, the cigar burned crooked, the draw was too tight, the damn thing kept going out and after an hour and a half there was still about 40% of it left and I tossed it out the window. I will never smoke one of these again in my life.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 06-24-2011 at 01:24 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information