Thread: Jose Seijas Signature - Figurado

Blog Entries

Default Jose Seijas Signature - Figurado

The Jose Seijas Signature series have been on my wish list for some time. I recently had the opportunity to smoke one, in the figurado (5.75 x 52) vitola.

Cigar: Jose Seijas Signature
    Vitola: Figurado
    Size: 5 3/4" x 52
    Drink: wine / water
    Tunes: none

In appearance, this cigar is absolutely flawless. No protruding veins, a dark brown Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, firm to the pinch, but not too much. This figurado is wrapped on both ends, meaning I had to cut both ends. Unfamiliar with this practice, I cut the foot evenly perpendicular to the cigar, to promote even burning. I always cut torpedoes and any kind of those ends at an angle - I don't know why. Someone just showed me that one day and I've stuck with it.

The pre-light draw was tight, but not too tight. The end lit easily, and away we went.

I'm not going to bother with trying to pick out flavors. Above all, it tasted like finely aged tobacco. That's my best description. It didn't have the sweetness normally prevalent in a maduro, spiciness or harshness at all. Nothing but exquisite tobacco.

Definitely full-bodied, but not too much to knock you down. I want to say the flavor developed nicely during the course of the cigar, but again, with nothing particularly noticeable or a flavor that was more noticeable than another.

I put this cigar down after an hour and a half. No other reason than it was just done. Absolutely fabulous. Can't wait to get my hands on another one. These aren't cheap (though this was gifted), but definitely worth it. Probably one of the best cigars I've ever smoked.

Thanks, giver of JS Signature cigar-person. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review.

Funny, my wife had one this past weekend, and while I'll spare you her brief review, when I clipped it for her, it did have what looked to be impeccable construction.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information