Thread: How long do your Colibri lighters last?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How long do your Colibri lighters last?

I have bought about six or seven Colibris by now, and I've already had to send one back for warranty work. Anyone out there have any experience with Colibris, and if so, are they dependable for long periods of time?

Definitely happier with my Colibris than with the one novelty lighter I bought. The first time I refilled it, it falred into a huge flame about six inches high and burned out all the butane, so I pitched the stupid thing.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar no baka
    I have bought about six or seven Colibris by now, and I've already had to send one back for warranty work. Anyone out there have any experience with Colibris, and if so, are they dependable for long periods of time?

Definitely happier with my Colibris than with the one novelty lighter I bought. The first time I refilled it, it falred into a huge flame about six inches high and burned out all the butane, so I pitched the stupid thing.
    My experience with Colibris is that they suck. I gave up on Colibris when they essentially become expensive disposable lighters for me. Pain in the ass sending then back to get fixed. Small tanks.

Blazer brand lighters are not as pretty but they are workhorses.

In either case, make sure you use quality triple refined butane fuel ( Lava is excellent if you can find it ) at all times .Totally empty the tank and blow out the jet with compressed air between fill ups.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

OK thanks, I'll start looking for Blazer brand instead.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Last edited by Hugh Jorgan; 07-14-2005 at 04:51 PM.

`
    `

Disclaimer: All views made on The Hugh Jorgan Show ® are the opinion of Hugh Jorgan Productions, Inc. ® and do not reflect the views of our sponsors.

i've had my colibri firebird for a couple months now and i love it. i've ran out of fuel once but that was because my wife was playing with it. refilling it was very easy.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -
    Albert Einstein

I've had my Colibri Tri-Cutta since January and it's been terrific. Colibri's are great because if you get one that combines as a cigar punch or cutter (like the Tri-Cutta) you don't have to go spend on a cutter afterwards, like a xilar or whatever they are called.

I really enjoy the tri-cutta, three different punch sizes accomodate any cigar. I prefer a punch to a cut though. Either way, buy your lighters from mydiscountlighters at ebay, they have the best prices.

Quote Originally Posted by mithril
    i've had my colibri firebird for a couple months now and i love it. i've ran out of fuel once but that was because my wife was playing with it. refilling it was very easy.
    I have a Colibri firebird that worked great until about a week ago. Now the flame won't stay lit unless he flame adjustment is way up. It sputters and acts like it's out of gas. It's been doing this for about a week. I've emptied the whole tank and refilled it multiple times. Anyone have any suggestions?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
    In either case, make sure you use quality triple refined butane fuel ( Lava is excellent if you can find it ) at all times .Totally empty the tank and blow out the jet with compressed air between fill ups.

This is the secret! If you use something less than triple refined fuel you just wasted a nice lighter and a lot of money.

Brent

Thread Information