Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tabaqueria de Filipinas 1898 Independencia L.E.

Default Just returned from the Philippines!

Old post, I know, but I just returned from the Philippines and was actually tempted to buy these cigars, but opted for a box of Flor de Filipinas Corona Sumatras.

I am not familiar with Philippine cigars, so I asked around (relatives and locals) and the Flor de Filipinas was the one highly recommended.

From the sound of your review, it seems I made the right choice (crossing fingers).

I have not tried them yet, as the box is sitting in my coolidor (will be for a few weeks) to get acclimated to my personal specifications. The conditions the cigars were kept in when I bought them, were not that stellar. Boxes were out in the open, no humidification or temperature regulation.

What I can tell from the exterior is, the cigars are well rolled, dark and oily, and a good tobacco smell to them. I hope they smoke as good as they look.

Will update with a new post when I get to finally try them.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post
    Old post, I know, but I just returned from the Philippines and was actually tempted to buy these cigars, but opted for a box of Flor de Filipinas Corona Sumatras.

I am not familiar with Philippine cigars, so I asked around (relatives and locals) and the Flor de Filipinas was the one highly recommended.

From the sound of your review, it seems I made the right choice (crossing fingers).

I have not tried them yet, as the box is sitting in my coolidor (will be for a few weeks) to get acclimated to my personal specifications. The conditions the cigars were kept in when I bought them, were not that stellar. Boxes were out in the open, no humidification or temperature regulation.

What I can tell from the exterior is, the cigars are well rolled, dark and oily, and a good tobacco smell to them. I hope they smoke as good as they look.

Andrew
    Let me know how these turn out. I'd love to have some cigars from the Philippines I want to smoke.

If the ambient humidity where you bought the cigars was about right, then don't worry about them. At home, we use humidification devices to try to simulate the natural environment where the cigars were made.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyCold5 View Post

Andrew

Hope they smoke good, and you enjoy them as much as I didn't!

Not to downplay my home smokes - I just wish they were better.

If I had to come back home without a single stick in my luggage, I would pick the Don Juan Urquijos, or the La Flor dela Isabela 1881 - in that order. These are the only ones that don't taste like grass to me.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

Thread Information