Thread: Padron 2000 Disappointment

Default Padron 2000 Disappointment

A buddy of mine came over last night, and we sat down for a scotch and a cigar. Having had and enjoyed one other Padron 2000 a while ago, I grabbed a couple from the humidor that I recently bought (4 - pack natural and 4 - pack maduro) and we proceeded to fire them up. The burn was terrible and the ash was flaky for the 1st third. Had to do a couple of touch ups on each cigar as well. I realize that burn issues can be attributed to humidor conditions, but my humidor has been very stable. The RH/Temp has been 66/70 for weeks.

Construction was also terrible. The cap on mine was loose and ripped, and the cap on my friends was also a bit loose. I haven't had a chance to check the other 6Padron 2000's, but will tonight.

Anyone else noticed this with Padron?

Cheers,

Mark

2. Default

I've noticed, occasionally, a loosely filled 2000 with too easy of a draw. If not smoked carefully, they can burn hot and taste terrible.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    I've noticed, occasionally, a loosely filled 2000 with too easy of a draw. If not smoked carefully, they can burn hot and taste terrible.

Doc.
    Interesting. Now that you mention it, the draw was quite loose and I used a punch cutter due to the issues with the cap. Draw would have been even easier with a guillotine cut. Thanks Doc.

Mark

I think they are hit-or-miss just like any other cigar. The last couple thousand-series Padrons that I smoked had the loosest draw I've ever come across. Like pulling air through a huge straw. They sucked.

Try some '64s and '26s. They are more hit than miss.

Thread Information