Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help for delivery

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need help for delivery

Hi all,

I'm a cigar enthousiast since two years.
    I live in Quebec, Canada.
    I used to order cigars from a US web site but they don't ship outside US anymore.
    I'm looking for some help to get my cigars...
    Please email me at 1618dpro@gmail.com if anyone is ready to do it ! (we will find an arrangement...)

Thanks !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDpro View Post
    Hi all,

I used to order cigars from a US web site but they don't ship outside US anymore.
    Please email me at 1618dpro@gmail.com if anyone is ready to do it ! (we will find an arrangement...)

Thanks !
    Hi, and welcome to the board. So, if I receive the cigars from your vendor and reship to you, would you want me to list cigars as the contents and state the actual value?

Whatever way you feel more confortable !
    If you don't want to bother with the "details" it's ok for me...

Blog Entries

Whatever way you feel more confortable !
    If you don't want to bother with the "details" it's ok for me...
    Sweet, maybe someone will help you out since it's not like you're asking anyone to violate any laws. Good Luck with your endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Sweet, maybe someone will help you out since it's not like you're asking anyone to violate any laws. Good Luck with your endeavor.
    Look, I'm not "asking" anyone to violate any laws... Would YOU be ready to fill in all the paperwork for the customs ?
    All I want is my cigars !! don't want no trouble...

Blog Entries

Look, I'm not "asking" anyone to violate any laws... Would YOU be ready to fill in all the paperwork for the customs ?
    All I want is my cigars !! don't want no trouble...
    You know what I want? People not using the board to get what they want. Especially 1 post, who-the-fuck-is-this wonders.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the board. So, if I receive the cigars from your vendor and reship to you, would you want me to list cigars as the contents and state the actual value?
    We used to ship to Canada without all the "details". We wound up having customers refuse orders unless we paid the full tax. The fees were horrid!

Hi all,

Thanks !
    PM your address & I'll send something to you!!
    What happened here? He fell down the stairs & broke his penis!

Hi all,

Thanks !
    By the time you import your cigars in a legal manner and pay all the associated duties and taxes, you would be better off just going to your local cigar shop. You may save a "small amount" but it isn't worth the hassle. That is the reason we as Canadians pay what we pay at the Canadian shops. If you want to bring cigars back from the US on the "cheap" you need to go there yourself and spend 48 hours down there, or have a friend who is going to be down there for 48 hours and can bring them back for you.

Mark

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    By the time you import your cigars in a legal manner and pay all the associated duties and taxes, you would be better off just going to your local cigar shop. You may save a "small amount" but it isn't worth the hassle. That is the reason we as Canadians pay what we pay at the Canadian shops. If you want to bring cigars back from the US on the "cheap" you need to go there yourself and spend 48 hours down there, or have a friend who is going to be down there for 48 hours and can bring them back for you.

Mark
    pssst - and propro, you could have found this out on your own just by searching for it!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Mark
    Thanks Mark, that is constructive help !
    But at my local shop they only sell singles, becomes very expensive to buy 25 !
    (don't get more in trouble giving me tips !! others will not appreciate... )

Just to add to what VancouverMark was saying...

I too am Canadian. I do regularly travel to the US and whenever I do, I bring back cigars with me because I can get them for 1/3'd the total cost.

With regard to the actual legalities involved in bringing your own back should you travel there. I highly recommend you call Canada Customs first to ascertain the limits. Mark mentioned being there 48 hours. If I'm not mistaken, being the US 48 hours only entitles you to a maximum of $450.00 in goods (total) per person. To get the $750.00 limit, you have to stay at least 10 days.

As to having cigars shipped from the US to Canada. I suggest you get your butt over to google and do some research and make a few calls or send out a few emails. The last time I checked, and I admit it was about 8 months ago, the following business:
    http://www.cigarplace.biz/
    still shipped cigars to Canada. I'm VERY sure there are other cigar businesses that will also ship to Canada.

Just FYI,

When having cigars shipped to Canada from the US you need to know, if you try to slip them past Canada Customs by marking them as anything other than a tobacco product, and you get caught, your name goes on a permanent watch list and every other package you ever get sent into Canada is almost guaranteed to be opened by them. Also, should you go to the US, when you hit Canada Customs upon returning, you're likely to end up with your vehicle stripped and thoroughly searched (and no, they don't put your stuff back in it for you when they're done) or end up with a cavity search performed on you should you fly.

As to arriving unannounced on a board like this and asking for help without so much as introducing yourself, much less spending time on the board getting to know the regulars, and more importantly, letting them get to know you, did you honestly expect people to go out of their way to help a complete stranger? Yes, we get that you're desperate. That doesn't change the fact that you're a complete stranger to everyone here so why should the folks who hang here that reside in the US go out of their way to help you when they don't know you?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Thanks for all these information CptnBlues63 !
    ...even if I "introduced" myself so badly !!

Honestly, it's the first time in my entire life I use a forum so pardon me if I was that direct ! I wasn't aware that users get to know each other...
    Furthermore, english isn't my primary language so maybe I'm misinterpreted...

But I get it now, I won't ask for favors nor help again, I promise !
    BTW, if you travel to US you could bring me back smokes !! (Hey, just kidding... )

Honestly, it's the first time in my entire life I use a forum so pardon me if I was that direct ! I wasn't aware that users get to know each other...

BTW, if you travel to US you could bring me back smokes !! (Hey, just kidding... )
    By the way, I checked out the link that CptnBlues63 posted and under customer feedback, there appeared to be a number of Canadians who received their orders without having to pay additional taxes. This could all be BS or perhaps it is legit.

If you decide to give that company a shot with an order, my advice would be to place a couple smaller orders spaced apart by a few weeks rather than one large order. If Canada Customs sees a larger order, they are more likely to impose taxes/duties. I would definitley keep an order to a max of 50 cigars, and if it were me, probably limit your order to a box at a time (approx 25 cigars).

Mark

No worries, we're all new at some point in time. Hey, I managed to inadvertently ruffle a few feathers myself when I first arrive at this forum. I apologized and made a point of not ruffling anybody again and it's all good now.

You haven't annoyed anybody to the point they want you banned so I have no doubt, you can reverse the bad introduction.

LOL - I just got back from the US about two weeks ago with as many cigars as I could legally bring back with me without paying duty.

As to a trade, I can see it happening in the future if you do establish yourself. If you want to establish yourself, the best way to start is to partake of a couple "newbie samplers" (hint: use the search function to find that thread) with some of the Canadian members. I've done a couple, and been VERY pleased with the result. I'm not in a position to do any newie samplers myself yet because I don't have much of a "stock" of cigars.........yet. Give me a year or two though and I'll have my name in the newbie sampler list.

By the way, I checked out the link that CptnBlues63 posted and under customer feedback, there appeared to be a number of Canadians who received their orders without having to pay additional taxes. This could all be BS or perhaps it is legit.

If you decide to give that company a shot with an order, my advice would be to place a couple smaller orders spaced apart by a few weeks rather than one large order. If Canada Customs sees a larger order, they are more likely to impose taxes/duties. I would definitley keep an order to a max of 50 cigars, and if it were me, probably limit your order to a box at a time (approx 25 cigars).

Mark
    I haven't ordered cigars from there myself, but I did call them and ask if they would ship here when I found their site. I was looking at potential places to order from.

However, ordering from a tobacco/cigar company means you will be most likely to have to pay duty........and it's expensive. Overall, my research showed I would pay about several dollars less per cigar overall for the same number of the same cigars as compared to buying them at my favorite B&M............and that's including duty and taxes.

When you find a place, or two, or three....etc...that will ship to Canada get the best price you can on the cigars you want and then call Canada Customs and ask them how much duty you could expect to pay on how ever many cigars with a value of whatever they cost. They can run the numbers for you and tell you approximately what you would pay. Then you can call a local cigar store and find out what they charge per cigar for the same cigars. If the amount, with duty/taxes, you'd pay for the cigars from the US supplier is significantly less making it worth your while to order them in then do so. The worst that happens is you do pay duty/taxes. The best that happens is, the cigars breeze on through Canada Customs without being inspected and you don't pay duty/taxes and get them for whatever it cost in the US.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    I highly recommend you call Canada Customs first to ascertain the limits. Mark mentioned being there 48 hours. If I'm not mistaken, being the US 48 hours only entitles you to a maximum of $450.00 in goods (total) per person. To get the $750.00 limit, you have to stay at least 10 days.
    For those who may be interested, I called canadian customs as suggested:
    As a Quebec resident, I can import a maximum of 250 cigars.
    As an exemple, for a box of 24 Oliva Serie G Maduro at 82$US it will cost me 200$CAD for customs fee and taxes + transport/handling.
    It does around 12$CAD a stick, somehow equivalent to the price in local stores...

For those who may be interested, I called canadian customs as suggested:
    As a Quebec resident, I can import a maximum of 250 cigars.
    As an exemple, for a box of 24 Oliva Serie G Maduro at 82$US it will cost me 200$CAD for customs fee and taxes + transport/handling.
    It does around 12$CAD a stick, somehow equivalent to the price in local stores...
    So are you bragging or are you complaining?

Blog Entries

have a friend who is going to be down there for 48 hours and can bring them back for you.
    I believe tobacco must be for the personal consumption of the importer .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

Hi all,

Thanks !
    Hi Pro.

I'm a Canadian maple syrup enthusiast for the past 30 years...

I live in Chicago, IL.

I used to get Canadian maple syrup from a Canadian web site but they don't ship outside Canada anymore.

I'm looking for some help to get my Canadian Maple syrup...

Please contact me here if you are ready to do it! (we will find an arrangement...)

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Hi Pro.

I'm a Canadian maple syrup enthusiast for the past 30 years...

I live in Chicago, IL.

I used to get Canadian maple syrup from a Canadian web site but they don't ship outside Canada anymore.

I'm looking for some help to get my Canadian Maple syrup...

Please contact me here if you are ready to do it! (we will find an arrangement...)
    I know you're making fun out of me but I can send you maple syrup and poutine !
    What about a moose head too ?

Thread Information