Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help for delivery

Thanks for all these information CptnBlues63 !
    ...even if I "introduced" myself so badly !!

Honestly, it's the first time in my entire life I use a forum so pardon me if I was that direct ! I wasn't aware that users get to know each other...
    Furthermore, english isn't my primary language so maybe I'm misinterpreted...

But I get it now, I won't ask for favors nor help again, I promise !
    BTW, if you travel to US you could bring me back smokes !! (Hey, just kidding... )

Quote Originally Posted by ProDpro View Post
    Hi all,

I'm a cigar enthousiast since two years.
    I live in Quebec, Canada.
    I used to order cigars from a US web site but they don't ship outside US anymore.
    I'm looking for some help to get my cigars...
    Please email me at 1618dpro@gmail.com if anyone is ready to do it ! (we will find an arrangement...)

Thanks !
    Hi Pro.

I'm a Canadian maple syrup enthusiast for the past 30 years...

I live in Chicago, IL.

I used to get Canadian maple syrup from a Canadian web site but they don't ship outside Canada anymore.

I'm looking for some help to get my Canadian Maple syrup...

Please contact me here if you are ready to do it! (we will find an arrangement...)

Honestly, it's the first time in my entire life I use a forum so pardon me if I was that direct ! I wasn't aware that users get to know each other...

BTW, if you travel to US you could bring me back smokes !! (Hey, just kidding... )
    By the way, I checked out the link that CptnBlues63 posted and under customer feedback, there appeared to be a number of Canadians who received their orders without having to pay additional taxes. This could all be BS or perhaps it is legit.

If you decide to give that company a shot with an order, my advice would be to place a couple smaller orders spaced apart by a few weeks rather than one large order. If Canada Customs sees a larger order, they are more likely to impose taxes/duties. I would definitley keep an order to a max of 50 cigars, and if it were me, probably limit your order to a box at a time (approx 25 cigars).

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Hi Pro.

I'm a Canadian maple syrup enthusiast for the past 30 years...

I live in Chicago, IL.

I used to get Canadian maple syrup from a Canadian web site but they don't ship outside Canada anymore.

I'm looking for some help to get my Canadian Maple syrup...

Please contact me here if you are ready to do it! (we will find an arrangement...)
    I know you're making fun out of me but I can send you maple syrup and poutine !
    What about a moose head too ?

I'll PM you my address -- you can send the smokes to me -- but they better be some good shit -- no acids or other flavoured (look at me typin' in Canadian) bullshit -- because when I rip you off... er... I mean repackage the smokes as we agree, there better be something pretty to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I love chicken for dinner
    I can't ship chicken but how about some salt-cod!

What happened here? He fell down the stairs & broke his penis!

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the board. So, if I receive the cigars from your vendor and reship to you, would you want me to list cigars as the contents and state the actual value?
    We used to ship to Canada without all the "details". We wound up having customers refuse orders unless we paid the full tax. The fees were horrid!

No worries, we're all new at some point in time. Hey, I managed to inadvertently ruffle a few feathers myself when I first arrive at this forum. I apologized and made a point of not ruffling anybody again and it's all good now.

You haven't annoyed anybody to the point they want you banned so I have no doubt, you can reverse the bad introduction.

LOL - I just got back from the US about two weeks ago with as many cigars as I could legally bring back with me without paying duty.

As to a trade, I can see it happening in the future if you do establish yourself. If you want to establish yourself, the best way to start is to partake of a couple "newbie samplers" (hint: use the search function to find that thread) with some of the Canadian members. I've done a couple, and been VERY pleased with the result. I'm not in a position to do any newie samplers myself yet because I don't have much of a "stock" of cigars.........yet. Give me a year or two though and I'll have my name in the newbie sampler list.

Quote Originally Posted by VancouverMark View Post
    By the way, I checked out the link that CptnBlues63 posted and under customer feedback, there appeared to be a number of Canadians who received their orders without having to pay additional taxes. This could all be BS or perhaps it is legit.

If you decide to give that company a shot with an order, my advice would be to place a couple smaller orders spaced apart by a few weeks rather than one large order. If Canada Customs sees a larger order, they are more likely to impose taxes/duties. I would definitley keep an order to a max of 50 cigars, and if it were me, probably limit your order to a box at a time (approx 25 cigars).

Mark
    I haven't ordered cigars from there myself, but I did call them and ask if they would ship here when I found their site. I was looking at potential places to order from.

However, ordering from a tobacco/cigar company means you will be most likely to have to pay duty........and it's expensive. Overall, my research showed I would pay about several dollars less per cigar overall for the same number of the same cigars as compared to buying them at my favorite B&M............and that's including duty and taxes.

When you find a place, or two, or three....etc...that will ship to Canada get the best price you can on the cigars you want and then call Canada Customs and ask them how much duty you could expect to pay on how ever many cigars with a value of whatever they cost. They can run the numbers for you and tell you approximately what you would pay. Then you can call a local cigar store and find out what they charge per cigar for the same cigars. If the amount, with duty/taxes, you'd pay for the cigars from the US supplier is significantly less making it worth your while to order them in then do so. The worst that happens is you do pay duty/taxes. The best that happens is, the cigars breeze on through Canada Customs without being inspected and you don't pay duty/taxes and get them for whatever it cost in the US.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

I know you're making fun out of me but I can send you maple syrup and poutine !
    What about a moose head too ?
    I've had poutine - and it's okay and everything, but I imagine that would be quite a challenge to ship (especially if you want to keep those cheese curds fresh, like they're supposed to be). I wouldn't want to do that to you, friend.

Ooohhhh.... however... No Moosehead, but I LOVE Canadian Molson - not the kind you get here in the states mind you , but the GENUINE Canadia Molson you get in Quebec. That stuff is AWESOME Can you send me down a few cases?

And we cannot get Smarties here as well. I'm willing to work out a trade some of your Smarties for our $100,000 bars!

...but you do sound as though you're not taking me seriously and thinking I'm making fun of you, and that really hurts my feelings.
    Last edited by ggiese; 06-29-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Blog Entries

I've had poutine - and it's okay and everything, but I imagine that would be quite a challenge to ship (especially if you want to keep those cheese curds fresh, like they're supposed to be). I wouldn't want to do that to you, friend.

Ooohhhh.... however... No Moosehead, but I LOVE Canadian Molson - not the kind you get here in the states mind you , but the GENUINE Canadia Molson you get in Quebec. That stuff is AWESOME Can you send me down a few cases?

And we cannot get Smarties here as well. I'm willing to work out a trade some of your Smarties for our $100,000 bars!

...but you do sound as though you're not taking me seriously and thinking I'm making fun of you, and that really hurts my feelings.
    (do it, George...hit him up for a Yugo....I bet he has one up there...)
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

I'd like a moose head. I'd like a moose skull! With the antlers!

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

You cannot get Smarties ?? is that serious ? ...or just another way to get your little feelings hurt ?

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    When you find a place, or two, or three....etc...that will ship to Canada get the best price you can on the cigars you want and then call Canada Customs and ask them how much duty you could expect to pay on how ever many cigars with a value of whatever they cost. They can run the numbers for you and tell you approximately what you would pay. Then you can call a local cigar store and find out what they charge per cigar for the same cigars. If the amount, with duty/taxes, you'd pay for the cigars from the US supplier is significantly less making it worth your while to order them in then do so. The worst that happens is you do pay duty/taxes. The best that happens is, the cigars breeze on through Canada Customs without being inspected and you don't pay duty/taxes and get them for whatever it cost in the US.
    Thanks for the advices, you really sound experienced ! seems like you did a lot of research trying to get your cigars like I do right now !? But you have an advantage, you travel down to US... for work I assume ?

Blog Entries

have a friend who is going to be down there for 48 hours and can bring them back for you.
    I believe tobacco must be for the personal consumption of the importer .
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

You cannot get Smarties ?? is that serious ? ...or just another way to get your little feelings hurt ?
    You're teasing me, aren't you!?! You know we can't get Smarties in the US.

What kind of person are you? You seem to be rather heartless and you're only here to stir up trouble. You're not even seriously considering any of my needs - yet you want members on this board to consider your needs?!?

Now you can just go away.

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    (do it, George...hit him up for a Yugo....I bet he has one up there...)
    Shhhhh, Will... I'm working on it...

At this point, though, I can't even get a box of Smarties out of him. I'm starting to think he's going to be trouble and is only here to tease us.

You're teasing me, aren't you!?! You know we can't get Smarties in the US.

What kind of person are you? You seem to be rather heartless and you're only here to stir up trouble. You're not even seriously considering any of my needs - yet you want members on this board to consider your needs?!?

Now you can just go away.
    Sorry but I truly didn't know about the Smarties !!!

And for the "needs" of each other, somebody told me when I arrived not to use this board to get what I want... Why would you do the same ? Also, I can't imagine you're serious about the whole Maple Syrup thing (and the Smarties), just the way you asked me... with the exact same word I used... And I could reply, like I have been, if you google it I'm sure you can find a store that will manage to send you maple syrup and Smarties !

Whoever needs Maple Syrup and Smarties can send me a PM. I'll also include some Kinder Surprise eggs if you have kids.

Mark
    Last edited by VancouverMark; 06-30-2011 at 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Whoever needs Maple Syrup and Smarties can send me a PM. I'll also include some Kinder Surprise egss if you have kids.

Mark
    NO, MARK !! DON'T DO THAT !!
    It's illegal to send local food to another country !!
    If you do this you're breaking the law !!

Blog Entries

NO, MARK !! DON'T DO THAT !!
    It's illegal to send local food to another country !!
    If you do this you're breaking the law !!
    Yeah, it's only appropriate to violate the law when importing.

Thread Information