Thread: New Humidor and I'd better stop buying these things.

1. Default New Humidor and I'd better stop buying these things.

As some of you may remember, I knid of ran out of room and had a fridge and 3 other humidors, things weren't looking too good.

I had asked about a Pine humidor etc but that looked like a mistake and thanks to you who warned me away from this for your advice.

I have since purchased a Antique mahogany cabinet that is finished beautifully (by this I mean it all fits really nicely).

I've sealed the glass and the door creases and after 5 days it sits there at 68% humidity, in this time it's been hot and muggy here (32oC), thunder and also cold 8oC (yeah all in 5 days, welcome to England).

So today I had the fun of stocking it, and I must say i'm pretty happy with the results:
    <Picture time>

Doors Closed

Doors Open

Inside Top

Inside Bottom

I'm keeping this all humid with beads, I hope that's not a mistake, but i've never had a problem with them before (though I've never used them on this scale)

I may put in some LED lighting but have heard UV can be an issue, any thoughts there?

Thanks to all for their advice.

Blog Entries

nice rig!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

WOW, nicely done
    What happened here? He fell down the stairs & broke his penis!

Wowza- that is impressive.

5. Default

Thank you Gentlemen, I have had advice to put in a couple of 80mm fans to create some airflow, so i'll look into that tomorrow, also some non UV LED lighting.

It's been alot of fun so far

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Yeti View Post
    Thank you Gentlemen, I have had advice to put in a couple of 80mm fans to create some airflow, so i'll look into that tomorrow, also some non UV LED lighting.

It's been alot of fun so far
    I was about to ask if you had air circulating in there. Nice cabinet. I've heard that computer fans work well for this type of application.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I was about to ask if you had air circulating in there. Nice cabinet. I've heard that computer fans work well for this type of application.
    Does it matter where they go? Top, middle, bottom?

8. Default

Now that's the way to do it.
    A well defined problem is already half solved.

Very nice setup you have there.

Mark

Nice, very nice. That looks good. As for the fans If you're pulling a cigar out every couple of days you don't need a fan with doors that big.

God...damn...that is awesome.

My wife would kill me if she saw I had that many cigars at one time and on display. Barely convinced her to let me put a couple small humidors on the liquor/wine hutch in the kitchen.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Blog Entries

Very nice humidor. Nice job. I agree - unless you only open it occasionally, or it's situated in a 'stuffy' room, you won't need fans.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post

My wife would kill me if she saw I had that many cigars at one time and on display. Barely convinced her to let me put a couple small humidors on the liquor/wine hutch in the kitchen.
    That might be strike one, Kevin.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

13. Default

wow....I forgot any words...I'm sitting at the laptop with my mouth open...that is really looks awesome

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JarvisAmadio View Post
    wow....I forgot any words...I'm sitting at the laptop with my mouth open...that is really looks awesome
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information