Thread: ACID Nasty

Blog Entries

Default ACID Nasty

I took the plunge and ordered a 5 pack of ACID Nasty's over at cbid. This was the first "flavored" cigar I have ever smoked (unless you count black and mild’s back in high school). My first reaction was to give it a rating after its own name. Based on the cbid description I was expecting a nice sized Torpedo, instead I got this ~4" little cone that surprisingly lasted longer then I thought it would (~40 min smoke).

Although well made, it started out very harsh and honestly reminded me of smoking a stick of incense. It kind of grew on me towards the end though; it got milder and became more of a novelty smoke then a nuisance. Would I buy them again? Probably not.

2. Default

I tried an ACID cigar and it was totally HORRIBLE!!!! I am not one to just take a puff or two and toss it, so I suffered through most of it, but I definitely would NEVER buy another one. I wouldn't even accept one as a gift!

I'm not a real big fan of the Acid line but Drew Estate's Natural line has some tasty cigars.

Never smoked an acid, but my brother swears by them...hmmm
    With glasses high, we raised a cry - freedom had arrived

I have tried a few years ago, and I did not care for them at all....my wife does enjoy them though....interesting :)

Filipino, born and raised. Now living in Sherwood Park Alberta, Canada

Thumbs down

never tried, but i dont think an Acid will do it for me.
    You are what you eat. That's why I'm a fat bastard.

7. Default

I've tried several of the Acid line and have found the only one to be consistant is the Acid 1. Nastys can be harsh, Kuba Kubas also have a problem with tight draws.

Now the natural line is where, I think, Drew Estate really shines. Spice, Ambrosia, Dirt and Juicy Lucy are great smokes for what they are: flavored. I tend to smoke these at bars since they seem to offend other bar goers less than my regular sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeagermeister
    Never smoked an acid, but my brother swears by them...hmmm

Give him a PAM 64 - that'll break that habit!!!

The subject of ACID cigars came up at a smoker I attended awhile back and the proprietor of the shop passed one around (still in the wrapper) for us to examine. The consensus was not good at all. I got visions of white kids with dreadlocks and sandals just by smelling the damn thing.

10. Default

I am not a big fan of them either, seems theyre trying to target the younger and less experienced smokers with there advertising.

K&P

SFG75 Guest

Smoked a heck of a lot of cigars this past weekend. A relative whipped out an ACID Liquid and chopped it in half for both of us to try. He took one puff and discarded it, just a whiff of the darn thing was enough to make me just about puke. The crazy thing smelled just like incense. Why pay for ACID's when you can find incense sticks for about $5.00?

12. Default

I like the Blondie's. I think Drew estate makes some great tasting smokes. i agree also, that the natural line is probably his best

4717 Clarendon Av. Fort Smith, Arkansas 72904

I bought a sample pack of the Acid line about 2 months ago the first one I smoked was the liquid 1000cc, I think. It tasted like i had licked a bar of soap(yuk!!!). The other night while at the bowling alley I worked up enough courage to try another one. I thought it might offend less so I took the plain ACID with me. Now understand what I am saying "it still is not like a regular good gar" but it was not as bad as the liquid. I wouldl not buy any more of them but if given another Acid I might smoke it. I also have bought some of the Khalua's, Not to bad. My wife thinks they smell like cherries and cigars, instead of just cigars. I don't know; consider the source. She thinks a Macanudo Hyde park stinks.
    Jim

"If Guns Cause Crime, All Mine Are Defective." -- Ted Nugent

"Sure I have a permit. it's called the Second Amendment." -- Ted Nugent

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

We already threw out all the undeseriable from our country, We sent'em back to England. -- Thomas Quigley (Tom Selleck - Quigley down Under)

14. Thumbs up Good Cigars

I don't see what the big complaint about acid cigars is. They are nice strong smokes. They don't taste like a natural cigar because they have herbs and acids added to them. I love acids, especially the blondies. Each acid is different, and there are about 100 different kinds to match each individual smoker's personality. Overall I think they are good cigars, and disagree with most of you.

15. Default

The other weekend I saw an episode of the original Twilight Zone called The Printer's Devil. It starred Burgess Meredith in the title role. As part of his character, he wore a plaid hat and smoked "twisty little cigars". "Ah ha!" I thought, "A culebra!" I'd not seen one before.

I've wanted to try a culebra ever since I first saw a picture of one years ago, long before I thought about smoking cigars. I realize that a real culebra is made with low-grade leaves for the torcedors to smoke while they're on the job. Nevertheless I was intrigued. After hunting around a bit, I found the Drew Estates Medusa on cigarbid. I got around to smoking one tonight. My first Drew Estates. On the whole, the experience was quite pleasant for a change but it isn't like smoking a real cigar.

Ah yes I saw the same episode you did, having taped the entire run of Twilight Zone off of Sci Fi channel during their year end marathon last year. He chewed the hell out of that cigar, I kept thinking awww gross, you're drooling all over that damn thing!!!
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information