Thread: Padilla/Studio tobac Figurado

Default Padilla/Studio tobac Figurado

Well this much anticipated stick finally landed into some hands and hopefully more reviews will be posted soon. I smoked this with no drink. Not even water.

The Band

Back of the band

The stick is a beautiful and oily dark brown. The one I chose to smoke today had what seemed like a cut in the wrapper with at the fattest part of the cigar. Did not affect the smoke whatsoever just made a note of it. None of the other ones had any blemishes. (small blemish can be noted in the ashed nipple pic)

This cigar was VERY firm and almost scary. I thought it was going to smoke with a very firm draw. To my surprise the draw was perfect. Just enough resistance to let you know you are drawing on a well crafted cigar. It seems as if the Oliva V figurado molds were used for this stick. I could be mistaken.

The smell of the unlit cigar was that is a tangy sweet barnyard if you can imagine that! LOL

The nipple of the figurado lit neatly and it burned onto the fat part with minimal runs.(I usually never light this size correctly and it runs badly).

The smoke was minimal until it did open up to the larger part of the cigar, which I did expect. Once it opened there was a spice in the forefront along with what I describe as a ducle de leche that was just slightly overdone. You could also describe it as the crust on a slightly over done creme brulee. Some note of hay were also noted.

There as not a large nose burn noted. A little further down some espresso beans were noted in the mix, maintaining the residual hay. The taste of this cigar is what I describe as a clean cigar. Meaning the only aftertaste is pleasant and light.

Moving along with the cigar a tanginess begins to build in a sweet and soft manner. The espresso is more noted and there is a background of nuts in the nose. For the life of me I could not pinpoint which type.

Ash Finally fell off with a bump.

-Bands removed-

At this point the espresso has moved forward. The nuttiness has gone away and there is a faint spice lingering.

I have reached the point of about where the lion would be on the band. Flavors are maintaining but I am done with the cigar. At this point is where I describe this cigar as giving me its maximum enjoyment.

Unfortunately I did not time this cigar but if I recall correctly it was the better part of an hour and a half. No touch ups other than it almost going out from me talking to an old friend too much.

I will smoke a couple more and make sure they all smoke the same and come back to this post. I think this cigar will be great smoked fresh. I am unsure what aging may do on this one.

One point I wanted to make was that this cigar did NOT dry out my mouth. It was such a smooth cigar. The lingering aftertaste is pleasant.

Blog Entries

Were you involved in the testing of this blend?

I wish. From what I was told was Ernesto Padilla blended this cigar with Oliva's tobacco. They announced it a few months ago but nothing ever came of it until now. I guess they were sampling blends within the company the last month or so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guado View Post
    I wish. From what I was told was Ernesto Padilla blended this cigar with Oliva's tobacco. They announced it a few months ago but nothing ever came of it until now. I guess they were sampling blends within the company the last month or so.
    Cool. Aren't you on the advisory board or something?

Yup, you asked last time I posted a review.

So far there has only been one of the new ones that I didnt care for so much. Good flavor just simple and lacking complexity. The rest have been great!

Blog Entries

Yup, you asked last time I posted a review.

So far there has only been one of the new ones that I didnt care for so much. Good flavor just simple and lacking complexity. The rest have been great!
    Well, ya know, I'm getting almost as old as George, so the memory is fading a bit. Did the one you didn't really like make it market? Will you be reviewing it as well?

Lol. Which one are u referring too?

Blog Entries

Lol. Which one are u referring too?
    This one:

Quote Originally Posted by guado
    So far there has only been one of the new ones that I didnt care for so much.snipp
    By "new" do you mean still in development?

Ahh...new reffering to the sampler given away during the tour stops. I think one or two of them will be released. A huge hit will be the Cain F lancero. powerhouse and delicious.

This padilla/ST stick will be released probably after IPCPR I would assume but I don't get that kinda info.

I just got wind of a new Cain daytona size that will be arriving I Think tomorrow for review. The daytona I reviewed a few months back and I have been HOPING they would make this size in it and they did. I'm very excited to try it out.

Thread Information