Thread: Can't Take It Anymore

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    This perfectly sums up why I have never attended a high school reunion. I'd go so far as to say I've specifically separated myself from the majority of those people. Speaking of which, do they even have these anymore now that there is social networking? What's the point?
    Fund raising, but I went to a private school. Which of course is why I feel superior to guys like Buzz and folks who taste chocolate in their cigars.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Fund raising, but I went to a private school. Which of course is why I feel superior to guys like Buzz and folks who taste chocolate in their cigars.

Doc.
    Oh, Jesus Christ.....
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Doc.
    Key word: Feel
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Someone tasted cucumber a couple days ago IIRC, can't remember which thread it was in though...

Last night on a walk with the wifey I had a JdN dark corojo and got some bitter cocoa taste and coffee. Alina asked how the cigar was, I gave it to her and she took a couple puffs and said "cow poop". She went to a public school though.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    Someone tasted cucumber a couple days ago IIRC, can't remember which thread it was in though...

Last night on a walk with the wifey I had a JdN dark corojo and got some bitter cocoa taste and coffee. Alina asked how the cigar was, I gave it to her and she took a couple puffs and said "cow poop". She went to a public school though.
    As long as you weren't feeling the cucumber.... Not that there is anything wrong with that.... To each there own...er

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    As long as you weren't feeling the cucumber.... Not that there is anything wrong with that.... To each there own...er
    That would be smellslikefishes area of expertise
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Doc.
    Did you attend "private school" for all of those years, Doc? It coulda screwed you up more than you think, if you did (depending on where you went to private school - of course) I can imagine it certainly feeds the feeling of being superior to others. For those that were not there - it is impossible to understand. For those that were - it's a no-brainer...

I don't know about you, but I still have nightmares about Sister Mary Grace Be To God and her wooden ruler. She had a knack for knocking the taste of chocolate RIGHT out of your mouth!!!

True story - I returned to college after many years after leaving high school and signed up for an algebra class. The teacher - a very nice woman - apparently noticed a glazed look in my eyes when she began lecturing the class on the quadratic formula. After class she approached me and asked if I'd attended Catholic schools as a youth. I was puzzled with the question, but responded "yes"... She said, "I though so! You had the "look" during class I'm used to seeing from those that attended parochial schools. The "look" that only comes from the terror of studying under the rule of a "board of education".

I'd not realized my look was that telling, but I do recall thinking about Father Nathaniel twisting me into a pretzel because I could not recite "minus B, plus or minus the square root of B squared minus four AC all over 2 A". I would have to say that Father Nathaniel had an impact on me. To this day - without issue - I can readily recite the formula, even though I rarely use it.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    Did you attend "private school" for all of those years, Doc? It coulda screwed you up more than you think, if you did (depending on where you went to private school - of course) I can imagine it certainly feeds the feeling of being superior to others. For those that were not there - it is impossible to understand. For those that were - it's a no-brainer...

I don't know about you, but I still have nightmares about Sister Mary Grace Be To God and her wooden ruler. She had a knack for knocking the taste of chocolate RIGHT out of your mouth!!!

True story - I returned to college after many years after leaving high school and signed up for an algebra class. The teacher - a very nice woman - apparently noticed a glazed look in my eyes when she began lecturing the class on the quadratic formula. After class she approached me and asked if I'd attended Catholic schools as a youth. I was puzzled with the question, but responded "yes"... She said, "I though so! You had the "look" during class I'm used to seeing from those that attended parochial schools. The "look" that only comes from the terror of studying under the rule of a "board of education".

I'd not realized my look was that telling, but I do recall thinking about Father Nathaniel twisting me into a pretzel because I could not recite "minus B, plus or minus the square root of B squared minus four AC all over 2 A". I would have to say that Father Nathaniel had an impact on me. To this day - without issue - I can readily recite the formula, even though I rarely use it.
    Appear, become, continue, feel, grow, look, remain, seem, smell, sound, and taste.

Those are verbs, other than the verb "to Be", that don't take a Direct Object but a Predicate Nominative. I learned that list in one afternoon in the eighth grade to the tap of a pointer. Thank you Sister St. Eileen.

BTW Cops always tell me I look guilty. Thank you Sister Mary Assumpta.(a Sicilian Nun)

But you know what, I ain't scared of anybody... except nuns.
    Doc
    Last edited by Devil Doc; 07-25-2011 at 10:49 AM.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Thread Information