Thread: Dropkick Murphys and The Tossers in New Jersey 7/27 & 7/28

Blog Entries

Default Dropkick Murphys and The Tossers in New Jersey 7/27 & 7/28

The Dropkick Murphys and The Tossers are playing two shows in New Jersey today and tomorrow, the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville on the 27th and the Wellmont Theater in Montclair on the 28th. I'm going to both shows.

Anyone else up for it?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

I am!!!

...but I can't go...

I'm sure both rocked the house last night - I'm envious.

We gotta get Paddy to one of their shows. I'm sure it would bring a tear to his eye.

Blog Entries

Both shows were excellent. Both bands sounded better at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville then they did at the Wellmont Theater. Those old theaters with the high ceilings generally don't make good concert venues. The Starland Ballroom is kind of cut up with lots of different levels, sometimes hard to see the stage but every group I've ever seen perform there sounds fantastic.

George, the Tosser's lead singer (Tony or "T") got married last year and moved up your way to Crystal Lake, that's over in McHenry County, isn't it?

The Tossers are working on a new CD and hope to have it out next spring. They played a couple of songs off of the new CD at the show, one's called "Emerald City" a tribute to Chicago.

Just Tony, Aaron and Rebecca often times play at a place called Dukes Alehouse and Kitchen in Crystal Lake or the Abbey Pub and Grill in Chicago since the whole band doesn't tour as much as they used to.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Bill, did you crowd surf? We wanna see some pics and/or video!
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Thread Information