Thread: Denali

Blog Entries

Default Denali

My wife and I had to make the heart-breaking decision to say goodbye to our Denali. She'd been Alina's best pal for 15 years, and mine for 5. I'm crying as I type this - it's funny how attached you can get to an animal who just loves you so unconditionally. She always wanted to be with us, wherever we went. She loved to be in the car - even when she was too weak and unbalanced to get in herself she just wanted to go with us. We took her everywhere, even when I would just go into the office on the weekend to get some stuff done she'd come with me. The past year she has been steadily going downhill and we knew that her time was about up. We probably put off having her put down too long, but we were having a hard time making that final decision. She loved the water. She got to eat lobster once. She rode with me in a 2 seat roadster through the Salt River Canyon, and she smiled the whole time. She was a great friend. Man I miss her a lot. So does Alina.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry for your loss. That sucks, man. I know.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Nothing like man's best friend. Sorry for your loss bro.
    "If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair." -C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Dogs are pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Buzz sorry for your loss. I know what it is like to have to go through such a difficult decision with a member of the family like that. My heart goes out to both of you! Nice pics and I pray your grief will be short lived. Keep and remember all the wonderful memories! Roger.
    Just another day at the office!

Blog Entries

Terribly sorry to hear it Buzz, sounds like a great friend.

Blog Entries

That sucks. It is like one's heart being ripped out.

Such a happy dog. Remember the good times you-all had together.

I'll smoke a cigar in honour of her.

R.I.P.

R.I.P Denali.

Sorry to hear of your loss Buzz.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Buzz. It's not a good thing to go through I've been there. I'm sorry man.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

Blog Entries

I am so sorry You have some very good pictures and memories for sure. RIP Denali.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

I'm sorry for your loss my friend. I, too, know the pain you two are experiencing. Keep the good memories close to heart!!

Our 14 year old Rottweiler-Boxer "Orion" is steadily going downhill as well - there's not too many months left for her. One day she looks better - the next day she looks horrible. We're right there with you, my friend - can't stand to see her going downhill and suffering, but too attached to make the "decision".

God speed - Denali will be right there waiting for you, staking out a nice place for her people!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys, this has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I feel for you George, it sucks. Man it sucks. My wife wanted me to say thanks for the thoughts and prayers - she is amazed at the care our little online community has here.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear of your loss, buzz. She was a beautiful dog.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

It's never easy saying goodbye to a family member be they four legged or two. Keep the memories close and they'll drown out the pain soone enough.

Brother I feel you pain, and I am truly sorry for your loss. Stay strong my freind.

Live each day like it's your last, one day you'll get it right.

Had to say goodbye to our little old dog named Ashes in June 2010. He was 14 at the time.

My wife had him for 5 years before we met and as she puts it, he was "the longest relationship she'd ever had before me". Because she had him before I came along, I left the decision as to when, totally up to her. It was a tough call but she did the right thing. I know what it cost my wife to let him go (and me too) so I know what it cost you and your lady.

We still had two more dogs and that helped a lot in dealing with the loss.

A year later we both still miss him a lot, and we always will. But the sharp pain has gone and all that's left is the sweet memories of a good friend and loyal companion. The day will come when talks of your friend won't hurt and they will be about the funny things and the good times and bring a smile to your face remembering. In the mean time, know that like all the other pet lovers in here, I too know how you feel and my heart goes out to you too.

We had him cremated and we now have an urn filled with Ashes' ashes sitting beside my wife's easy chair. That often brings a smile to both our faces when we think about it.

Thanks for sharing the pics, she was a beauty!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

My brother and I's childhood pup lived to be 18, but we had to say good bye to him in '07. That was rough, he was there with us through thick and thin, all childhood long.

He will be forever remembered, as I'm sure Denali will. They may be gone, but the memory remains. Especially the best ones.
    Yay! Cigars!

Sorry for your loss, Buzz. Those are some great pics...looks like you guys had some really good times.
    Last edited by b.read; 08-10-2011 at 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

Brother, that pains me to read. My dogs are only 5 and I DREAD the day I have to feel the pain and decisions you had to make.

Sorry for your loss.

Thread Information