Thread: Do different cigars react differently to RH levels?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Do different cigars react differently to RH levels?

Good morning! The reason I am wondering this is because last night I sat down to enjoy one of my Torano Loyals. I have had them in my humi that's been maintained at a steady 67% RH level since I got my Heartfelt beads. When I took it out to smoke, I gave it a quick squeez and it had a little give but not too soft. As I worked my way through the stick the burn was uneven, tight, slow burn, and low smoke yield on normal draw. Upon further inspection I realized that it was getting rather spongy too as I made my way into the 2nd half. I gave up as I got into my last 3rd because it had gotten even worse. All of these symptoms would lead me to believe that it was being over humidified. However, I smoked one of my Perdomo's the night before and it was perfect. I checked my other cigars in the humi and they all seem fine except for my other Loyal that I have. That one feels a little soft too. I have had both of them in my humi for about 3 weeks. As some of you may know from previous posts I was having some RH level stability issues until I got my beads. Prior to the beads my levels were never going above 72%, but there was just no consistancy. The cigars are a brand new release, and I know the ones I bought were some of the 1st ones Torano even had available for sale in the US. I did smoke one from the same box at the event where I bought them and there were no issues. Any suggestions you have would be great. I would really like to be abel to salvage the remaining one I have left.
    Last edited by DB17210; 08-20-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Thread Information