Thread: Mold marks on a cheap stick. Garbage?

Default Mold marks on a cheap stick. Garbage?

Hey guys, I just got five new cheap sticks from famous-smoke. com, and one of them seems to have green mold marks on the sides near the cap. Little green dots. It really looks like there isn't mold there still, it looks like marks from where it was before. I would have no problem throwing it because it cost $2.34, but i would like all of your input. Its made pretty cheap anyway, but i just bought some $2-$4 sticks to see if there were any cheap alternatives to my favorite $7 pieces. What should i do! Thanks for the input guys!

That does not look like mold to me, just a mottled wrapper.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Send the pics and an email to Famous. I would hope they would send out new ones or credit your account if that is indeed mold.

Mark

Blog Entries

Cigar has a tattoo!

New Cheetah wrapper from Zimbabwe. Let us know how it is...

Default Re: Mold marks on a cheap stick. Garbage?

Haha, tattoo... Well i guess ill send a picture to famous and see what happens.

7. Default

It is not mold.
    The older I get ,the better I was

nah just looks like some type of discoloration on the leaf, most likely do to the sun. not mold.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind watch how I soar."
    Hoban Washburn

This is what happens when you smoke a cheaper brand. There was some type of spotting on the leaf at the time it was harvested - but not so bad as to affect the leaf structure. It was dried and cured as normal, but still have all of the other charateristics that made it a good wrapper leaf. If this wrapper leaf was destined to be used on a more expensive cigar, the manufacturer would have put that leaf aside and sold it off to someone making a less expensive cigar.

The cigar is perfectly smokeable - look at it as the spots just add interest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    This is what happens when you smoke a cheaper brand. There was some type of spotting on the leaf at the time it was harvested - but not so bad as to affect the leaf structure. It was dried and cured as normal, but still have all of the other charateristics that made it a good wrapper leaf. If this wrapper leaf was destined to be used on a more expensive cigar, the manufacturer would have put that leaf aside and sold it off to someone making a less expensive cigar.

The cigar is perfectly smokeable - look at it as the spots just add interest.
    Indeed! These marks were present when harvested and due to curing/fermentation were "set" into the leaf. Not at all uncommon in tobacco.....it's just sorted out in the more expensive brands as GG mentions. If you like it, I think I might know where there is more leaf like this.

Thread Information