Ok, so I've been sampling through quite a few tobacco's that came in a trade I did on another board. I'm enjoying the experimentation, but I'm concerned with the way I'm doing it, mainly out of fear of "ghosting" the whopping 2 briar's that I currently own.

The pipes and what I'm using them for:

MM Bend diplomat - This one is used for all my sampling.....except aromatics, which I currently don't have any of. ;) I smoke my burley in this one as well. I clean it religiously after every smoke and have not noticed any "ghosting".

KW - I don't know the model, but it is a relatively narrow and tall bowl, straight. I'm using it for VA flakes and Va/Per blends.

Charatan's make belvedere 484DC - This one has a deep, wide bowl. I'm using it for English style blends based on advice received elsewhere.

For me, pipes are expensive, and I'm not ready to lay-out $70+ and then ghost the pipe, or smoke the "wrong" type of blend for the shape/style of pipe, etc.....
I'm also concerned that I'm not being fair to all the blends by trying them in the cob first and deciding if I like them.

Any suggestions or guidance?