Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some expert opinion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Lincoln View Post
    I feel your pain! My '67 coupe had the 200 I6 and 3 speed M/T. I soon realized that it sucked. So, I gathered some parts and swapped in a 390 and C6! Next combo will be an EFI 302 based motor with modern trans and give it to my mother.
    Well, right off the bat you did me one better, 'cause you can fit a big block in the '67.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Lincoln View Post
    AS FOR THE LIGHTER..... It's not a Mustang. I can tell that from here.
    LOL
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Ah. I had a '66 Falcon. 'Polished' the 170 c.i. intake and head, modified the carb, changed the tree for a Hurst ... drove it from Toronto to California in between high school and university.

I miss triangular vent windows! :-)

390 is too heavy for the chassis. 302 is better, especially with the Aluminium heads these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newbie999 View Post
    yes its second hand.
    my friend want to sell it to me for 250usd.
    he said its authentic, since i got no experience with dupont lighter, maybe some can give me ideas or clue.
    thanks
    What if I wanted to sell you a shoebox full of crap for $250? I could probably let it go for $200, just because it's you.

Might I inquire why you would have any interest (other than appeasing your friend) in purchasing this item? If it's to gain the favor of a friend, I can understand (we can spot our own) - I'd give him the money for sure. Forget authenticity - someone to hang out with is much more important.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by newbie999 View Post
    yes its second hand.
    my friend want to sell it to me for 250usd.
    he said its authentic, since i got no experience with dupont lighter, maybe some can give me ideas or clue.
    thanks
    I would say don't bother with it. Shouldn't it have a ticket of authenticity? Could always contact ST Dupont to verify the serial.
    Yay! Cigars!

I would hope your "friend" wouldn't knowingly sell you a fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    If there is a PING then it is real. Simple test guys.... Actually the PING is a specific NOTE and only their lighters will make that note!

Here it is for all it's glory............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AtAw9uBvs

Fuck the stamps..... Ping or no ping, simplest way to tell....................
    Sorry to say - I've heard a good "Ping" coming out of a nice $25 Chinese knockoff...

7. Default Not true

Quote Originally Posted by Roham View Post
    If there is a PING then it is real. Simple test guys.... Actually the PING is a specific NOTE and only their lighters will make that note!

Here it is for all it's glory............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8AtAw9uBvs

Fuck the stamps..... Ping or no ping, simplest way to tell....................
    That's simply untrue...
    Some older models don't make a ping at all, and many of them sound different. In fact the DuPont limited editions such as the catacombs and the 5th ave don't make any noise when you open them and those are new (relatively)

Quote Originally Posted by MikePach View Post
    That's simply untrue...
    Some older models don't make a ping at all, and many of them sound different. In fact the DuPont limited editions such as the catacombs and the 5th ave don't make any noise when you open them and those are new (relatively)
    Thanks for setting the community straight! ...a year and a half later is no matter, even though Newbie999 has long ago moved on with his purchase decision.

Thread Information