Thread: La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Elegante (Churchill)

Blog Entries

Default La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Elegante (Churchill)

The La Gloria Cubana Artesanos cigars pay tribute to the city of Miami where Ernesto Perez Carrillo opened his famous El Credito tabacalera in the 1960's. Crafted by Ernesto's best 10 Cuban expatriate rollers, Artesanos use Nicaraguan-Dominican fillers, Ecuadorian Sumatra binders, and Nicaraguan Havana wrappers.

Their PR machine says it promises to be the strongest, most flavorful La Gloria to date.

It's a great looking cigar with a rouge blush on the wrapper. The band adds a classy, conservative touch. The construction is excellent with a very firm feel and some serious veins running up and down the stick.

The pre light aroma sends out an earthy aroma touched by a sweetness that hints of caramel and dried fruit.
    Upon lighting the cigar, a peasant blast of spice begins the journey riding on an earthy, woodsy flavor.

Great billows of smoke like milk filled breasts fill the air space around my head. The draw is perfect. The firmness was perfect. But the ash is almost black. Immediately, the strength is medium. So I strap on my horse feeder for when I get the spins at the end of the cigar.

I plan to use the 2 minute rule here. Puff every 2 minutes. That usually relinquishes the problem of puking in my dog's dish.

Got a great story to tell that happend long ago and far away. It occurs in 1981. I had just been dumped by my girl friend of 7 years just after I paid for her nose job. She cheated on me with a guy from her work.

Off came the 'fro and in came the New Wave short and smart haircut. I came into some money from my grandfather's estate so I quit my job and bought a house and set up shop to play music all the time.

About an inch in the spice has been tamped down and some creaminess shows its head along with the earthy flavor.

I joined an existing band needing a bassist. Unfortunately, I can't say the name of the band because this story could hurt the individuals in it....they still work for a living.

It was a 4 piece band and we had a minor radio hit on our hands. We practiced at the drummer's garage that was set up for rehearsing with sound proofing....although, apparently not enough as we shall see.

Some of us worked and others did not so we practiced during the day.

On a sunny, beautiful California afternoon, we escaped the rehearsal room for a break and the guitarist brought out the most beautiful ounce of marijuana I had ever seen. It was a giant bud...like the kind you would see as the center fold of High Times Magazine. The guitarist passed the baggie around so we could all take a whiff and admire this nature's thing of magnificence. He had already taken a pinch to roll a joint.

A few moments later and the joint was being passed around.

The stick, which is about 2 months old in my humidor is mellowing out a bit. The medium strength is backing away and becoming milder. The creaminess and earthiness is still there.

The garage was parked at the end of a very long driveway. We were at least 60'-0 from the street.

We were smoking the joint, laughing, drinking beers or sodas and just enjoying the hell out of the moment when I turned my head left and at the bottom of the driveway was a uniformed policeman walking our way. He was just seconds away. I lowered my head and started whispering very loudly, "Here comes the MAN!!...Here comes the MAN!"..and nobody paid attention.

The ash continues to be goth black. This is actually a first for me. No sign of the color lightening up. But the flavor profile continues as before.

The four of us stood there not realizing (except me) that we had a 5th Beatle. The cop never said a word. Then with a jerk the guitarist saw him and threw the baggie about 8'-0 away from himself.

The cop said, "Go get it. NOW,"

The guitarist said, "Get what?"

I shook my head and thought that that night would be my first in jail getting passed around the Aryan Brotherhood as a cum sponge.

"Go get it!!

"Get what?"

I told the cop that I'd go get it. He told me no. He wanted the guitarist to do it. And he did, finally.

1-1'2" in and the ash falls off and the cigar almost goes out. But a few hard puffs and it comes back to life. So far the flavor profile is a one trick pony. I'm starting to have my doubts about all the hoopla for this cigar.

The cop empties the beautiful multi colored bud on to the driveway and with a jack booted foot, crushes it to dust. One long moan came from us in harmony.

"I just don't want you accusing me of stealing your illegal marijuana."

I started doing ass puckering exercises right then and there. I would continue to do them through the arraignment...if there was to be one. I wanted to be able to keep my asshole closed no matter what was introduced that coming evening.

Now I'm begginning to really get disappointed half way through this highly touted cigar. I'm beginning to realize that it might have been too soon to smoke.

The cop tells us he was called to this location about a noise complaint. He added that if he got another call and had to come back, he would impound all of our expensive equipment. Gulp!

And with that, he turned on his shiny heels, and walked back down the driveway towards his prowler.

We all let out a harmonius sigh of relief. The guitarist was on his hands and knees trying to find someway of retrieving the smallest of of leaves. But to no avail. It was dust. Like from an urn.

Back then, pot wasn't too expensive but the guitarist was known for having the best and most expensive. $400 for an ounce 30 years ago.

Now the cigar, at just past the halfway point, is getting blah. OMG!!

These are not cheap sticks. What did I do?

In summary, I believe the wrapper let me down. The innards are probably just fine but the promise of a medium/full body smoke never came to fruition. A few more months in the humidor will probably bring out the promised flavors. I will provide an addendum to this review at that time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lgc 6.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	2732   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lgc 5.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	2731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lgc 4.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	2730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lgc 2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	2729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lgc1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	2728  

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Katmancross View Post
    The La Gloria Cubana Artesanos cigars pay tribute to the city of Miami where Ernesto Perez Carrillo opened his famous El Credito tabacalera in the 1960's. Crafted by Ernesto's best 10 Cuban expatriate rollers, Artesanos use Nicaraguan-Dominican fillers, Ecuadorian Sumatra binders, and Nicaraguan Havana wrappers.

Their PR machine says it promises to be the strongest, most flavorful La Gloria to date.

It's a great looking cigar with a rouge blush on the wrapper. The band adds a classy, conservative touch. The construction is excellent with a very firm feel and some serious veins running up and down the stick.

The pre light aroma sends out an earthy aroma touched by a sweetness that hints of caramel and dried fruit.
    Upon lighting the cigar, a peasant blast of spice begins the journey riding on an earthy, woodsy flavor.

Great billows of smoke like milk filled breasts fill the air space around my head. The draw is perfect. The firmness was perfect. But the ash is almost black. Immediately, the strength is medium. So I strap on my horse feeder for when I get the spins at the end of the cigar.

I plan to use the 2 minute rule here. Puff every 2 minutes. That usually relinquishes the problem of puking in my dog's dish.

Got a great story to tell that happend long ago and far away. It occurs in 1981. I had just been dumped by my girl friend of 7 years just after I paid for her nose job. She cheated on me with a guy from her work.

Off came the 'fro and in came the New Wave short and smart haircut. I came into some money from my grandfather's estate so I quit my job and bought a house and set up shop to play music all the time.

About an inch in the spice has been tamped down and some creaminess shows its head along with the earthy flavor.

I joined an existing band needing a bassist. Unfortunately, I can't say the name of the band because this story could hurt the individuals in it....they still work for a living.

It was a 4 piece band and we had a minor radio hit on our hands. We practiced at the drummer's garage that was set up for rehearsing with sound proofing....although, apparently not enough as we shall see.

Some of us worked and others did not so we practiced during the day.

On a sunny, beautiful California afternoon, we escaped the rehearsal room for a break and the guitarist brought out the most beautiful ounce of marijuana I had ever seen. It was a giant bud...like the kind you would see as the center fold of High Times Magazine. The guitarist passed the baggie around so we could all take a whiff and admire this nature's thing of magnificence. He had already taken a pinch to roll a joint.

A few moments later and the joint was being passed around.

The stick, which is about 2 months old in my humidor is mellowing out a bit. The medium strength is backing away and becoming milder. The creaminess and earthiness is still there.

The garage was parked at the end of a very long driveway. We were at least 60'-0 from the street.

We were smoking the joint, laughing, drinking beers or sodas and just enjoying the hell out of the moment when I turned my head left and at the bottom of the driveway was a uniformed policeman walking our way. He was just seconds away. I lowered my head and started whispering very loudly, "Here comes the MAN!!...Here comes the MAN!"..and nobody paid attention.

The ash continues to be goth black. This is actually a first for me. No sign of the color lightening up. But the flavor profile continues as before.

The four of us stood there not realizing (except me) that we had a 5th Beatle. The cop never said a word. Then with a jerk the guitarist saw him and threw the baggie about 8'-0 away from himself.

The cop said, "Go get it. NOW,"

The guitarist said, "Get what?"

I shook my head and thought that that night would be my first in jail getting passed around the Aryan Brotherhood as a cum sponge.

"Go get it!!

"Get what?"

I told the cop that I'd go get it. He told me no. He wanted the guitarist to do it. And he did, finally.

1-1'2" in and the ash falls off and the cigar almost goes out. But a few hard puffs and it comes back to life. So far the flavor profile is a one trick pony. I'm starting to have my doubts about all the hoopla for this cigar.

The cop empties the beautiful multi colored bud on to the driveway and with a jack booted foot, crushes it to dust. One long moan came from us in harmony.

"I just don't want you accusing me of stealing your illegal marijuana."

I started doing ass puckering exercises right then and there. I would continue to do them through the arraignment...if there was to be one. I wanted to be able to keep my asshole closed no matter what was introduced that coming evening.

Now I'm begginning to really get disappointed half way through this highly touted cigar. I'm beginning to realize that it might have been too soon to smoke.

The cop tells us he was called to this location about a noise complaint. He added that if he got another call and had to come back, he would impound all of our expensive equipment. Gulp!

And with that, he turned on his shiny heels, and walked back down the driveway towards his prowler.

We all let out a harmonius sigh of relief. The guitarist was on his hands and knees trying to find someway of retrieving the smallest of of leaves. But to no avail. It was dust. Like from an urn.

Back then, pot wasn't too expensive but the guitarist was known for having the best and most expensive. $400 for an ounce 30 years ago.

Now the cigar, at just past the halfway point, is getting blah. OMG!!

These are not cheap sticks. What did I do?

In summary, I believe the wrapper let me down. The innards are probably just fine but the promise of a medium/full body smoke never came to fruition. A few more months in the humidor will probably bring out the promised flavors. I will provide an addendum to this review at that time.
    There is a god, Jamie.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Which story was from "Kat" and which was from "man?" Seriously, what the hell is going on?
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

And then the four of 'em dropped trou and had a sword fight.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Ya gotta admit, this is freakin' hilarious....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

I don't think I've ever seen a cigar "review" that mentions "ass puckering exercises".

Blog Entries

I'm moving a little slow today, so excuse my bad form for not asking in my original reply, but how is the SS disability fight going? Did it come through, or are you still relying on free cigars from on-line sites and/or mooched from others to smoke?

You aren't exactly an unknown to everyone here. Enjoy your stay.
    Last edited by ashauler; 10-03-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: sites not sights, geesh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I'm moving a little slow today, so excuse my bad form for not asking in my original reply, but how is the SS disability fight going? Did it come through, or are you still relying on free cigars from on-line sights and/or mooched from others to smoke?

You aren't exactly an unknown to everyone here. Enjoy your stay.
    The disability came through and I'm doing just fine now. Thank you for asking.

Blog Entries

The disability came through and I'm doing just fine now. Thank you for asking.
    Righteous. So you've given up mooching then?

Blog Entries

Righteous. So you've given up mooching then?
    Yeah. That was a bad time in my life and I did some stupid things.....on the advice of people I trusted. Since I'm smarter than them, I should have overriden their advice..but then what the hell did I know? Such a schmuck. I would love to take it all back. I'm not a bad guy.....just made bad decisions.

Blog Entries

Yeah. That was a bad time in my life and I did some stupid things.....on the advice of people I trusted. Since I'm smarter than them, I should have overriden their advice..but then what the hell did I know? Such a schmuck. I would love to take it all back. I'm not a bad guy.....just made bad decisions.
    Well, I guess we'll see........I kinda think you're still full of shit, and not a botl but a paid reviewer....whether the pay is $$ or smokes, doesn't matter much.

Blog Entries

Well, I guess we'll see........I kinda think you're still full of shit, and not a botl but a paid reviewer....whether the pay is $$ or smokes, doesn't matter much.
    I'm sorry you feel this way.
    By the way, exchanging dollars for reviews is against the law.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

Blog Entries

Clearly, you did not read my review of the La Gloria Cubanas. It was not a positive review.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others.

TL;DR. Was a cigar reviewed in there somewhere?
    Yay! Cigars!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mizicke5273 View Post
    TL;DR. Was a cigar reviewed in there somewhere?
    It's just cut / paste from his blog. I'll give him credit on the blog he acutually differentiates between italicized text for the fictional story, and regular text for the review.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Clearly, you did not read my review of the La Gloria Cubanas. It was not a positive review.
    Um, I'm not in the habit of posting in threads that I don't read.

You've started off on the "right foot" with me!

I'm not quite sure, but is this a 'play loud music until the police come over and are "kind" enough to not bust you by crushing your illegal marijuana under his "jack booted foot" ' kinda forum? If so - I think I'm a bit lost...

BTW katman - I have some "jack booted foot" friends up in Milwaukee that like smoking cigars. More than happy to have them stop by more often, if you'd like!
    Last edited by ggiese; 10-03-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Thread Information