Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shoulder Episode Round II

Good luck and remember to take it easy on your shoulder afterwards, follow instructions and build it back up slowly!
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

2. Default

I survived...Shoulder surgery is the most painful thing I ever experienced. Wisdom tooth pain is a walk in the park compared to that. Fortunately the MRI was wrong...The cuff was not torn. The force from the fall caused some tissue to get in between the cuff and the joint causing the pain. He cleaned up the debris from that. I go back and get the staples out the 20th and start rehab after. It is gonna cut down recovery time drastically as well as residual pain. I managed to go all day today without any meds till I got my sponge bath from the ole lady. The extra movement got me hurting as opposed to breathing causing the same.

Having to type one handed is a bitch...I will be around but not posting much. The owner of the B&M called today...Gonna bring me an Anejo to smoke as I can't drive for at least 6 weeks. Looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    ...Fortunately the MRI was wrong...The cuff was not torn. The force from the fall caused some tissue to get in between the cuff and the joint causing the pain. He cleaned up the debris from that. I go back and get the staples out the 20th and start rehab after. It is gonna cut down recovery time drastically as well as residual pain...

Having to type one handed is a bitch...I will be around but not posting much. The owner of the B&M called today...Gonna bring me an Anejo to smoke as I can't drive for at least 6 weeks. Looking forward to that.
    Congrats on the results and good prognosis. Don't rush the recovery time though. I did that with a compound fracture of my tibia/fibula (per the doctor's instructions). Not recommended unless you want a repeat performance.

You may learn to enjoy the one-handed typing. I've typed with only my left hand for 23+ years while using the mouse or puck with my right. I'm not thee fastest typist, but faster than many two-handers I know. Plus you'll eventually be able to hold a cigar as you type. And kudos for the B&Mer.
    "I took the liberty of... bullshitting you; okay?" ~Elwood
    "You lied to me man!" ~Jake
    "It wasn't lies; it was just... bullshit." ~Elwood

Blog Entries

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Rest up!

You only need one arm to pass out a good ass-whoopin'. Stay strong Sarge!

Thread Information