Thread: Smoke Haven, Lubock, TX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Smoke Haven, Lubock, TX

So I know this isn't traditional, but I thought I would do it anyways. I travel a lot and I always find myself in a smoke shop of some sort on every trip I take. This is my story...

So I'm in Lubbock, TX on business this week. I find myself done early and use the PLACES app on my Droid with a search for "cigar". The best reply is a place that is nearby called Smoke Haven. I head in that direction and find it easily. I go in and am greated by the delicious smells of cigars and pipe tobacco. The owner, John, greets me at the door. I explain that i'm just visiting town and would like to check out his collection.

He has a nice humido, approx 8'x20' with a couple neat residential HVAC humidifiers keeping the room at a constant 70rh. I immediately notice the wide variety of sticks in here. He has a LOT of different brands in this room! He doesn't keep 20 different sticks of 20 different brands, it's more like 3 varieties of 100 brands.

He asks me to view alone for a minute and he would come in to help if I needed. He came in after a few minutes and asked how I was making out. He helped me locate a few of his favorites and a few of mine as well. I headed out into his main store and lit one up. He offered me to sit and have a smoke with him and a few others that were there already. He also offered, and got me, a cold beer to enjoy as well! We talked about his store, cigars, women, and lies for a couple hours. He gave me the skinny on the local places to hit and invited me back that night to watch the World Series with them.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that he has a closeout shelf in his store... Where it has several boxes of Cohibas and CAO's.. Buy one, get one free!!! \My travel humi was busting at the seams!!!

Thanks to John and his crew at Smoke Haven for a great time!!!
    Last edited by Disney Lincoln; 10-21-2011 at 04:14 PM.

Thread Information