Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world is tachycoventry?????

Default Where in the world is tachycoventry?????

I've been traveling a lot for work recently and it has given me the opportunity to see some really awesome locations! So here's the contest, figure out where my work has taken me. The rules are fairly simple, look at the picture below and guess where I was this past weekend.

I am looking for the name of the location shown below. It needs to be specific, I don't care if you think you were close, if it's not precise it's not going to win. The winner will get a selection of sticks from my humidor shipped to them when I return home on Friday (or Saturday, I don't actually have a return flight yet)!!

I'm going to limit this to one guess per person per day. First person to get the location gets the prize pack. I will add another new picture every day if I can get online until it is guessed. If no one guesses it by the time that I get home I'll pick the closest guess.

With that being said... this picture was taken TODAY (October 23, 2011), I hope that helps. GOOD LUCK

"I would call that person a puffnozzle" ~mrtr33

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    I've been traveling a lot for work recently and it has given me the opportunity to see some really awesome locations! So here's the contest, figure out where my work has taken me. The rules are fairly simple, look at the picture below and guess where I was this past weekend.

I am looking for the name of the location shown below. It needs to be specific, I don't care if you think you were close, if it's not precise it's not going to win. The winner will get a selection of sticks from my humidor shipped to them when I return home on Friday (or Saturday, I don't actually have a return flight yet)!!

I'm going to limit this to one guess per person per day. First person to get the location gets the prize pack. I will add another new picture every day if I can get online until it is guessed. If no one guesses it by the time that I get home I'll pick the closest guess.

With that being said... this picture was taken TODAY (October 23, 2011), I hope that helps. GOOD LUCK

There's no picture....

Don't try and "upload it from you computer" put it on a remote site and link the URL. You should know that by now.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 10-23-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

USA-New Jersey-city of Salem-Hare's Barber Shop-back room poker game after midnight .....your not wining but your smoking good cigars! What do I win?

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

4. Default

Calgary Alberta in the Canadian Rockies along the Bow River...

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    LOL - Funny you should mention that......my wife's in Calgary for a Health & Safety simposium and she just left yesterday. I believe her hotel is a stone's throw from the Bow. I lived in Calgary for a while back in the early 90's myself and always liked "cowtown"

Hey Tachy can us Canuck's participate?
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Where's the freakin' photo?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Not sure what happened, my screen shows the photo and I assume that Sarge can see it also but just in case I screwed up somehow here it is again...

LINK: http://www.cigarsmokers.com/attachme...7&d=1319514872

Quote Originally Posted by cinda View Post
    USA-New Jersey-city of Salem-Hare's Barber Shop-back room poker game after midnight .....your not wining but your smoking good cigars! What do I win?
    Close but no cigar!

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    Where's the freakin' photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    There's no picture....
    Don't try and "upload it from you computer" put it on a remote site and link the URL. You should know that by now.
    It's working on my screen (and I assume sarge's) but that may be because I saved it as a private album on this website

Can you be more specific..? The bow river has a total distance of 365 miles, about a quarter of it in Alberta alone....

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    LOL - Funny you should mention that......my wife's in Calgary for a Health & Safety simposium and she just left yesterday. I believe her hotel is a stone's throw from the Bow. I lived in Calgary for a while back in the early 90's myself and always liked "cowtown"
    Hey Tachy can us Canuck's participate?
    Damn canucks... yes you can participate. Extra points (and sticks) if you get the exact name of the trail that I'm on OR more importantly, where I ended up...
    Last edited by TachyCoventry; 10-24-2011 at 11:06 PM.

9. Default

Sundance Canyon

Sundance Canyon
    No... but I heard the snowboarding there is amazing in the winter!!

11. Default

Banff
    Last edited by cigarsarge; 10-24-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Sorry Sarge only one guess per day! Can you see the image though now?

EDITED: Not correct anyway
    Last edited by TachyCoventry; 10-25-2011 at 12:10 AM. Reason: updated

Blog Entries

Someplace that is already too bleepin' cold. Thanks for the contest.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Someplace that is already too bleepin' cold. Thanks for the contest.

While correct... not specific enough! It was -1 degrees C

Blog Entries

Denver Colorado

http://www.cmt.com/videos/eric-churc...le-smoke.jhtml?

"Do this...go to Google and type in "Dumbass that can't take a hint"...notice the picture of a big feller in his Moms kitchen with a can of Wannabe RockStar on his man boob...Hey, that's you!" TheGreekTitan

May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to

choose it, and the strength

to make it endure

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TachyCoventry View Post
    It's working on my screen (and I assume sarge's) but that may be because I saved it as a private album on this website
    I've been able to see the image the whole time, and I don't believe we're on each other's contacts / friends list FYI. Sarge would sorta make sense being a mod, but I don't think the private album explaination holds water.

Thanks for the contest.

I'm going to guess 41°18'35.55"N; 122°18'38.04"W

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

I'M guessing your exact locating is behind the camera ?
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    I've been able to see the image the whole time, and I don't believe we're on each other's contacts / friends list FYI. Sarge would sorta make sense being a mod, but I don't think the private album explaination holds water.

Thanks for the contest.

I'm going to guess 41°18'35.55"N; 122°18'38.04"W

Will
    I can see it now but I could not before, no matter which browser I used, which computer in my house I used and even from a different computer at a different location with a different ISP (the local library). I don't know WTF is going on here but there was some update to the forum with respect to placing images in posts and my guess is that's fucked up.

TackyCoventry, if you're going to post an image every day or whatever, you really need to post it on a remote site like photobucket or something similar. It really isn't fair if only some people can see your photos and others cannot. And can someone fix the damned image feature here because it's a pain in the ass.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Blog Entries

In this particular instance, I don't think I could give less of a fuck. I'll try, but no promises.

Blog Entries

When I go to your first post and hit "reply with quote" I can indeed see a link for the photo which is this:

http://www.cigarsmokers.com/attachme...0&d=1319426883

When I paste that into my browser and try to go to where that brings me, it comes up freakin' BLANK.

The moral of the story is don't upload photos from your computer to this site because it doesn't work properly especially if they are large megapixel photos.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Thread Information