Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I feel so old and SO naive

Default I feel so old and SO naive

I was at the gas station getting a couple of tins of monster before work when I saw these nice (for $2) jet table lighters, good size resovoir, good flame; so I got one for my smoking area. Guess how small I felt when, boasting of my bargain to my son, he asks " you DO know what those are for don't you ?....melting rock or meth"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gben-chalice View Post
    I was at the gas station getting a couple of tins of monster before work when I saw these nice (for $2) jet table lighters, good size resovoir, good flame; so I got one for my smoking area. Guess how small I felt when, boasting of my bargain to my son, he asks " you DO know what those are for don't you ?....melting rock or meth"
    That's not funny, it's sad.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

3. Default

You know those little fake flowers they sell in gas stations and convenience stores in the little glass tubes? You probably don't want any of those, either.
    A well defined problem is already half solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJeff View Post
    You know those little fake flowers they sell in gas stations and convenience stores in the little glass tubes? You probably don't want any of those, either.
    Wow, that made me "chuckle" in a "I'm so sorry for this world" kinda way... wow. Brutal to know that :(

I run a Burger restaurant downtown Calgary, and it's within the radius that people like that hang out, so we have almost daily dealings with them. Kicking them out sometimes, allowing them to order others times, but always feeling sorry for them:(

Roham
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Perception. Perception. Perception.

You could also crush your Monster can and poke a few holes in it...but that doesn't make a can of Monster a pipe.

And you can just as easily smoke drugs with a Bic.

Blog Entries

mmmmmm.............burgers...................

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by WinstonSpencer View Post
    Perception. Perception. Perception.

You could also crush your Monster can and poke a few holes in it...but that doesn't make a can of Monster a pipe.

And you can just as easily smoke drugs with a Bic.
    I was done when I saw what the little buggers were doing with apples...

I used to love apples - now I'm fearful someone might mistake my intentions of biting into one...

BTW - I've also seen what can be done with empty toilet paper rolls and fabric softener sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    BTW - I've also seen what can be done with empty toilet paper rolls and fabric softener sheets.
    LOL

Funny you should mention that.......

I was a pretty big head back in the day. That TV show, "The 70's Show" was my friend's basement. We made more than a few pipes out of toilet paper tubes. Mind you, I never used a dryer sheet and wouldn't, I don't think it would taste very good. The best thing for making a quickie pipe when you're hard up is a cigarette pack. They come with their own tinfoil which can be used as a screen.

One thing we all kept on our person was a safety pin. I used to keep mine pinned inside my jean jacket and out of site. They could be used to smoke hash or hash oil and came in handy poking holes in the tinfoil of your quickei pipes to make a screen........lol

I have to say too, people were using Bic lighters for smoking crack cocaine (what we called 'freebase' in our day) and crystal meth (used to be called 'crank') before the present lighters were even invented. So saying that's all they're used for is actually naive considering most of us own that type of lighter and use them only for lighting cigars.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    LOL

Funny you should mention that.......

I was a pretty big head back in the day. That TV show, "The 70's Show" was my friend's basement. We made more than a few pipes out of toilet paper tubes. Mind you, I never used a dryer sheet and wouldn't, I don't think it would taste very good. The best thing for making a quickie pipe when you're hard up is a cigarette pack. They come with their own tinfoil which can be used as a screen.

One thing we all kept on our person was a safety pin. I used to keep mine pinned inside my jean jacket and out of site. They could be used to smoke hash or hash oil and came in handy poking holes in the tinfoil of your quickei pipes to make a screen........lol

I have to say too, people were using Bic lighters for smoking crack cocaine (what we called 'freebase' in our day) and crystal meth (used to be called 'crank') before the present lighters were even invented. So saying that's all they're used for is actually naive considering most of us own that type of lighter and use them only for lighting cigars.

Can anyone else tell he's from Alberta??? lol
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Blog Entries

I wasn't going to say anything ... :-)

I'm curious to see what this tabletop lighter looks like.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lighter.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	2790
    Agreed, it is the use you put things to that defines them, but melting rock IS the marketing strategy for the jet lighters you see in every gas station and convienience store. Guess i shouldn't complain, i get a table lighter for $2 on the backs of mass meth addiction, but it feels wrong

Regardless of why it may have been made, if it works for your needs, that's cool. I may have to check them out if I'm near a gas station.
    Latest smokes:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Regardless of why it may have been made, if it works for your needs, that's cool. I may have to check them out if I'm near a gas station.
    methhead....lol
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Ha ha. The closest I've been to doing meth, is watching the movie Spun.
    Latest smokes:

Quote Originally Posted by Gben-chalice View Post
    ... but melting rock IS the marketing strategy for the jet lighters you see in every gas station and convienience store...
    Really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Where do you live where it's questionable whether or not you will ever be near a gas station, but you still have internet access?

Blog Entries

Strange how the world works.

(nowhere near a gas station, but on the Internet with 3g HSPA service)

Funny, I used to go to LA regularly a decade or so ago and we'd buy all these cool lighters in gas stations that had blinking LED's and different-coloured flames. They haven't quite made it here yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eville View Post
    Where do you live where it's questionable whether or not you will ever be near a gas station, but you still have internet access?
    We don't own a car, so I rarely go to a gas station. I won't be making a special trip for this lighter.
    Latest smokes:

Thread Information