Thread: I'm Looking To Buy a Humidor!

Default I'm Looking To Buy a Humidor!

Hello, so I was just wondering if anybody was looking to sell an old humidor that was in good condition? I don't want to buy a brand new one, only because of fear of ruining it some how.

Blog Entries

What size?

What are you looking to do with a humidor, keep it on your desk just for looks and to store a couple of singles or are you looking for something larger?

If desktop, you can get cheap ones all day long for about 30 to 40 bucks new. If you're looking for something larger, don't waste money on something stupid, just get a 120 quart cooler, some beads and a cheap hygro. That'll run ya about 50 bucks.

Personally if I were you, I'd go with the cooler.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-15-2012 at 11:48 PM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kmandudeguy View Post
    Hello, so I was just wondering if anybody was looking to sell an old humidor that was in good condition? I don't want to buy a brand new one, only because of fear of ruining it some how.
    This should be in the exchange forum, posted as an ISO. By the time you buy a used humi, pay for shipping it to you, you will have invested pretty close to the same $$ as buying a desktop from Cuban Crafters, Cheap humidors dot com, or other places that offer "combo specials". The combo's usually come with a cutter/lighter, and some shitty humidification device. If it comes with a gel jar for humidification, that would work, but the floral foam and solution ones really are more trouble than they are worth.

im fairly new to smoking cigars and just bought my first humidor a few weeks back. After seeing what everyone said about the shipping costs i would suggest getting a new one. i paid about 40 for a 50ct humidor. I didn't wipe down the insides like some suggest doing, rather I simply charged the humidifier and set a shot glass of water in there and kept recharging the humidifier every day for about 3 days. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by kmandudeguy View Post
    Check on your local Craigslist if you want to buy a used one.
    Like others have said - you can buy a new desktop humi for dirt cheap.

As far as cooler as a humidor - I'm somehow not able to match it to my living room furniture, but maybe you'll have more success? Maybe if you take out the couch and put in some camping chairs in front of the TV?

Thread Information