Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey guys, new to cigars and here as well!

Default hey guys, new to cigars and here as well!

hey guys,

Just thought I'd make a little post saying hello to the world here. I started smoking cigars about a month ago, after being a cigarette smoker for years.

I have to say there is a ton more to a cigar than what i'm use to and I'm loving it. Infact I'm smoking a Oliva Connecticut reserve as I type this. I've ordered and smoked close to a box of different singles (mostly mild cigars) and I have to say the worst part of this is when one is done.

anyone have any recommendations for me to pick up?

Welcome from Ma.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Welcome from Ottawa, Canada, where not even a third of a Gurkha is smoked by gentlemen.

Mild cigars - Davidoff? I smoke mild cigars regularly, but Por Larranaga Montcarlo's aren't legal in the States ;-).

Blog Entries

Welcome from AZ. For a nice mild cigar you might want to try a JdN Antano.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

No longer just south of the middle of no where! Now in Clearwater Florida.
    Blog Entries

Welcome from Oregon. Hope you enjoy your time with us.
    Just another day at the office!

Welcome from Vancouver.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    Welcome from Ottawa, Canada, where not even a third of a Gurkha is smoked by gentlemen.

Mild cigars - Davidoff? I smoke mild cigars regularly, but Por Larranaga Montcarlo's aren't legal in the States ;-).
    I've heard so many bad things about the Gurkha and Acid cigars it makes me wonder haha

thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes. To get a little more into it, I've smoke mostly mild cigars, and some mediums.

Favorites so far have to be the Rockey Patel vintage 1999, and the Nub Connecticut. My local Tobacconist doesn't really have a Big Selection of mild cigars at a good price, so I've been mostly ordering samplers and 5 packs off of cigarmonster.com, and famous smoke shop.

Welcome from western Oregon.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Welcome!

Welcome from South Carolina.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

Try the Montecristo White line. I'm a big fan of the No. 2. Also, Cohiba Puro Dominicana is an excellent mild-medium, if you can get a good price on it.

richard william Guest

Welcome to the club sir!!! I have been a cigar lover for ages. Right now I am trying out these new electronic cigarettes which are in fact quite unique and interesting.... you should try these also..........

Quote Originally Posted by richard william View Post
    Welcome to the club sir!!! I have been a cigar lover for ages. Right now I am trying out these new electronic cigarettes which are in fact quite unique and interesting.... you should try these also..........
    Lame.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I forgot to post that I reported the spammer if nobody else did.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

15. Default

Spammer banned

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Spammer banned
    What happened to the good old days when you wound them up, watched them implode and then banned them.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by richard william View Post

LMFAO! Not this a$$hole again. I see he's already been flushed down the toilet.

Meanwhile back to the matter at hand, welcome FuzzyNuts. Mild cigars you say? Try the Davidoff Thousand Series. If you like those then try the other lines as well, first the Special then the Grand Cru then the Millennium then the Puro d'Oros as they go up in strength pretty much in that order. Davidoff are expensive but they're well worth it and life is too short to smoke cheap cigars.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    LMFAO! Not this a$$hole again. I see he's already been flushed down the toilet.

Meanwhile back to the matter at hand, welcome FuzzyNuts. Mild cigars you say? Try the Davidoff Thousand Series. If you like those then try the other lines as well, first the Special then the Grand Cru then the Millennium then the Puro d'Oros as they go up in strength pretty much in that order. Davidoff are expensive but they're well worth it and life is too short to smoke cheap cigars.
    mild is mostly what i've been smoking. i'm actually trying a oliva serie V double robusto right now and loving the mixed flavors of this guy.

I'll have to write davidoff's down for when they hit cigarmonster.com as I can't afford many expensive sticks at the moment

I've been writting down cigars i smoke and seeing if i can find similar ones to that taste, as well as cigars to look out for when i'm shopping haha

Blog Entries

I wouldn't expect Davidoff's to be on Cigarmonster, ever. Kinda like expecting a Bentley to be on the used car lot at your local Chevy dealer.

Try some Padron's.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I wouldn't expect Davidoff's to be on Cigarmonster, ever. Kinda like expecting a Bentley to be on the used car lot at your local Chevy dealer.

Try some Padron's.
    LMAO. 2nd the padron, and add the Fuente Chateau line.

Welcome to the board.

Thread Information