Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where on the political spectrum do you lie? (Mods: Please don't move!)

Default Where on the political spectrum do you lie? (Mods: Please don't move!)

Just trying to get a grasp on where everyone is, whether your Republican or Democrat, Green or Independant.

It seems like most cigar afficianado's tend to be republican. Myself, I am an independant, but I tend to value left rights like abortion and gay marriage. There are some republican ideals I agree with, but for the most part, find right wingers nuts. I'm just sick at the incompetence of the Democratic party right now.

I have this here so that I can get an idea as well as post this in the open where people will see it.

Thanks, and keep this thread alive!

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by Rbraczyk
    Just trying to get a grasp on where everyone is, whether your Republican or Democrat, Green or Independant.

It seems like most cigar afficianado's tend to be republican. Myself, I am an independant, but I tend to value left rights like abortion and gay marriage. There are some republican ideals I agree with, but for the most part, find right wingers nuts. I'm just sick at the incompetence of the Democratic party right now.

I have this here so that I can get an idea as well as post this in the open where people will see it.

Thanks, and keep this thread alive!
    moral issues lea ,has a lot to do with my jobn to republican,other than that democrat
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

i guess i'd say independent, although i think we should just get rid of the parties and not have sides, haha, i'm sure i'll hear something for saying that
    Last edited by QuietC; 07-17-2005 at 12:17 AM. Reason: forgot a word damn jager

toledo,ohio 1440 royalton toledo oh 43612

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    i guess i'd say independent, although i think we should just get rid of the parties and not have sides, haha, i'm sure i'll hear something for saying
    anarchy every man for him self
    I drink a great deal.I sleep a little,and i smoke cigar after cigar.That is why i am in two-hundred percent form
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries

I'm military and proud of it....so guess mine!!

Amanda Guest

I consider myself a progressive libertarian who values personal freedom on lifestyle issues while identifying with a common good on social and economic issues. Essentially, the country is going in the exact opposite direction from my personal philosophy on nearly every major issue, so watching the nightly news is a tremendously frustrating experience for me.

Blog Entries

I'm on the Republican State Central Committee in Connecticut so GUESS
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86
    I'm on the Republican State Central Committee in Connecticut so GUESS
    democrat? haha, yeah i know it was lame, don't matter what you are too me, if your an alright dude, then your alright in my book

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QuietC
    democrat? haha, yeah i know it was lame, don't matter what you are too me, if your an alright dude, then your alright in my book
    LOL!! I spend a heck of a lot of my spare time with politics. I've volunteered on many campaigns since 1992 and managed a campaign for a guy who won a State Rep. seat (State Representative Mike Alberts ) in Connecticut in 2004 by 48 votes out of over 10,000 cast!!! It was the closest race in Connecticut last year and my biggest success so far. It's one thing to work on a campaign where the guy ya work for is either unopposed or has a weak opponent but it's great to win these highly contested races where we were outspent 2 1/2 to 1 The bottom line was he out hustled his opponent and ran a great race especially since Connecticut is a heavily Democratic state. Out of 151 State Reps, we only have 52 seats, two away from a veto proof majority. The State Senate is 24 - 12 Democratic so if the Democrats had veto proof majoroties in BOTH chambers, the Republican Governor would be rendered useless. So this win that I played a major part in was key considering there is one Republican State Rep. who votes with the Democrats almost all the time.

Sorry, I tend to avoid talking "politics" on cigar boards (other than CigarWeekly where they have a specific forum for it where you need persmission to access it) since most people don't want to hear about it.
    Last edited by CoventryCat86; 07-17-2005 at 02:31 AM.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

OOOPS

This thread should be in the "politics" forum.....
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Default I'm a

Libertarian! (I mean couldn't you just tell?)

But I still love all of you even if you do belong to the wrong party.

http://www.lp.org/

12. Default

I'm a Ronald Regan Republican...damn proud of it.

I am a Republican, though that doesn't mean I agree with all of the Rep. stances on certain issues. I have conservative views. For instance: I favor the death penalty and I prefer adoption to abortion (though I don't think it should be illegal), etc.

Most of all, I think common sense should prevail. So when my votes are cast, that's what decides how I vote and who I support, common sense. That's all I will say so I don't offend anyone.

Raisins: + 12 1/2
    Termites: 5.56

reaganyouth84 Guest

I guess the avitar and my handle gives it away. I guess the best way to describe myself though is classically liberal like the founding fathers, but classical liberalism bears little or no similarities as to todays modern liberalism.

“…man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.”
    -Ronald Reagan

I'll just say I think our government is a long way away from the idea of that quote.

-Mike

15. Default

I think common sense applies to mostly liberal politics, like gay marriage, abortion, life over death penalty. See, the hypocrisy in Republican politics is there. We save babies that arent' even born yet by blowing up an abortion clinic that kills hundreds of people. Same with the death penalty.

But on the other side, there's just old money over where the democrats are, I mean, I love Ted Kennedy and what he does for the elderly and poor. Yes, he did manage to kill someone, but I think he has repented sofar. They seem to squander things that would make them more effective and they're policies are looney tunes sometimes.

Thus why I stay independant.

reaganyouth84 Guest

I'm not trying to start anything, but I have noticed with most people I have met that say they are independent, aren't really independent at all. They usually lean heavily one way or the other, but are too embarassed to admit it, lol. I'm not picking on anyone on here, just talking about people I have actually met. Anyways, this is an interesting thread.
    -Mike

Blog Entries

This thread really has no place in the "Cigars" forum.
    Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. -- Carl Sagan

Blog Entries

The only problem with politics is there are few people that can talk about it with an open mind. Most want to find out where you sit and then start to bash you down until you believe in what they are saying. Or, my favorite, when they really don't have a damn clue about what they are talking about and they just want to disagree with you and they start throwing insults in your direction. Ah, stupidity, you have to love it!

That's why Religion, Politics, and Family are the three forbidden subjects of life. You can't win!

If I wanted to talk politics I'd go to a Political Forum....

Like Hex said..... this thread does not belong on a Cigar Board.....

Can you lock it ?

Pretty far off the right on both the social and economic spectrum myself.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information