Thread: Alcibiates.....time to face the music!

Default Alcibiates.....time to face the music!

Hmm, so it's that time again this year, Alcibiates. Have you been naughty or nice? Don't lie, Ol' Saint Nick here, he knows. So don't try to hide it. Well why not tell me what you want for Chirstmas, while the Elves are checking on how you've been this past year. Any particular vitola you like or are currently smoking more of? What strength strikes your fancy? Any hobbies? Tell Ol' Saint Nick here and he'll see what he can do. Though if you've been bad, I'll just grab some used coal from Mrs.Claus' stove and throw it in a box for you. Sound good?

Oh Santa, it's been a long year. Most of the year I wasn't able to smoke much, but as things are cooling down in New Orleans, I'm smoking much more often. Primarily I smoke Churchills when I can, but there's not always that much time to devote to a smoke. Typically I'll go to the pipe for something shorter, but i'm not against other vitolas by any means. I'll smoke the random full bodied cigar, but typically I stay in the more mid-bodied range. Hobbies are nothing too wild. Tequila, scotch, video games, board games, reading, and a tabletop wargame I would hope Santa's never had the misfortune of coming across

I like different things, though, Santa. Things from places I'll never visit or know nothing of. Something that's just...a bit different from what's available around here. I like going to sushi bars and ordering the chef's favorite roll, regardless of what it is. Trying new things is probably my favorite thing to do. Even if it turns out that I don't like it, at least I've experienced it.

Hope that helps santa. I'm pretty easy, really
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. ~Seneca

Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.

Live the poetry that you cannot write; let others write the poetry they dare not realize. ~Oscar Wilde

Hmm, pipe you say. Any particular blends you like? There is a great shop, close by the North Pole here, that has some nice blends. Now that I think about it.....there is also a great sushi bar close by as well.

Video games, which consoles? Steam?

Would you be refering to D&D, Warhammer, Monopoly, or something else in regards to the tabletop game of having the misfortune of coming across?

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Santa View Post
    Hmm, pipe you say. Any particular blends you like? There is a great shop, close by the North Pole here, that has some nice blends. Now that I think about it.....there is also a great sushi bar close by as well.

Video games, which consoles? Steam?

Would you be refering to D&D, Warhammer, Monopoly, or something else in regards to the tabletop game of having the misfortune of coming across?
    Still pretty new to the pipe. I've had a couple samplers from more experienced guys, but I haven't really developed a particular taste for it yet. i think my favorite so far was either Frog Morton on the Bayou or Billy Budd, if that helps.

I have all three of the current gen consoles and a laptop that can handle anything... Lucky enough to con my boss into thinking a gaming laptop was useful as a business laptop I actually have managed to stay away from steam, somehow.

Warhammer... Well played Santa. 40k. Grey Knights, competitive. Probably pick up a new army soon for something fun to do.

Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.

Live the poetry that you cannot write; let others write the poetry they dare not realize. ~Oscar Wilde

Nice haul, Santa I forgot that I use this same tag on a warhammer site and was a bit confused there, for a bit

I hadn't heard of Panacea before, and I'm looking forward to trying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcibiates View Post
    Nice haul, Santa I forgot that I use this same tag on a warhammer site and was a bit confused there, for a bit

I hadn't heard of Panacea before, and I'm looking forward to trying them.
    Fantastic cigar IMHO. I have a couple "Oil cans" of them in my unholy war-chest.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Oooh, Ol' Saint Nick had you going for a few minutes?! Wonderful, wonderful! Hope you got a good laugh out of them. I've only played Dawn of War II and a bit of the expansion packs, so all my knowledge of the tabletop game, and what little it is, comes from reading Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cad-20061101-3b144.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	2825Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cad-20061110-7eb9f.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	2826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cad-20061111-c5f2b.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	2824

I'm glad to see I was able to sneak in something you haven't had, let alone heard of! Panacea makes several lines and as Paddy mentioned, they are quite good! I really enjoy them and they are very reasonable priced. So, I do hope you enjoy them as much as I.

Enjoy and a Merry Christmas to you and your family!

I don't think they have GK in the DoW games... There's some difficulty in the tabletop version because there's 10+ armies and they update rules for one army every ~6 months. I'm way out of date on Ctrl+Alt+Del, so I don't know how much they have done with the game

Thread Information