Quote Originally Posted by hed View Post
All of those items reflect exceptional craftsmanship. Just curious, is the micrometer functional and accurate? Other than the ashtrays, are any of the other items your work? I assume your father or someone else involved made most of these items.
The micrometer is functional but not accurate because of the nature of wood. Most of work on the blog is my dads, but I have been helping him with things like this my whole life. I am now starting to do my own work, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by hed View Post
Definitely one of a kind, but too often I see those small brass hinges fail on those kinds of humidors. It really should have a piano hinge.

Rather than creating a lip on the lid to match up with the bottom, I see how you added the piece of cedar to the lid, and that it fits into the interior. I'm thinking if everything is not lining up just right, it might not close well. I don't believe I've ever seen it done that way. How is the seal on it?
Thanks for the information! This was our first humidor, so at some points we were lost. We weren't exactly sure which hinges to use, but as it got closer to christmas, thats what we ended up with. When we make another, we'll defiantly look at better hinges.