Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
cheap humidors .com is the retail end of an importer of a lot of the humidors you see for sale in your local shops. Unless you got 2K for a leprechaun made Manning of Eli Bleu made by french surrender monkeys you mot likely have a chineese made box. You are not going to get a lot of Cust Svc from them but what u will get is a decent humidor at a good price
Kevin is absolutely correct about them being the retail end of a large importer. I can't remember the name of the major importer offhand but the humi's actually ship from them.....not cheaphumidors. When you place your order with cheaphumidors, they pass it along to the importer and the importer ships to you. I suspect Kevin's also correct about the vast majority of stores in Canada and the US stocking humi's from the same importer that were manufactured in China.

I bought my first humi at my favorite B&M. It's a 100 count. When I got the 500 count for x'mas from my wife last year I gave it to my good friend. It's still working perfectly for him. I paid about $200.00 CAD in total for it and you can buy the exact same model on cheaphumidors.com for about $90.00

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_mediu...-OLDWORLD.html

If I had known, I would have ordered it from them instead of my B&M. Even with shipping I could have saved a bunch of money. To me, that's worth it.

I have no complaints about their customer service myself. When the second order arrived, I called them and they had the courier come pick it up. No problem and very little hassle on my end. They offered to let me keep the second humi.......if I paid for it......lol. I countered with an offer to take it off their hands for free, they declined.

My 500 count looks great, seals real good and with a Hyrda-SM humidifier in it, I only have to fill the cartridge about once a month.......and it's awful dry here come winter.

I'd do business with them again if I were to ever buy another wood humidor. However, that's not likely. Once I get to the point where my 500 count is full, I'll build a coolerador to store boxes and keep the loose ones I plan on smoking in the wood humi......just like most of the rest of the guys on here do.