Thread: CheapHumidors.com

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    BTW, there are grades of Chinese humidors, and Chinese products generally. For humi's, look at the tassel on the key.

Black tassel: lowest grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the inside; tray may have a cedar divider;

Gold tassel: medium grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the box; seal and tray made of cedar.

Red tassel: highest (relative) grade, typically MDF with wood veneer on the outside and cedar veneer with some cedar lining on the inside. cedar tray.
    That's good to know. I got lucky in both cases then and got a gold tassel, mid grade, humi. If I had known that before purchasing anything, I'd have likely spent the extra $$$ and got Red tassel humi's instead. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for future reference, although I'm sure I'll move up to cooleradors once I have this 500 filled!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzycrabs View Post
    What's funny about this is that is the exact model that I was planning on getting. It's either that one or I'm going to be looking into a glass top one, that's around a 100 to 200 count humidor.
    LOL, hey, it's a decent humi and as per Craig's post above, it's a mid grade humidor. All I know is it seals well and holds hit's RH decently. The 500 count my ol'lady got me last x'mas has glass on the top and the front. I like being able to look in and see the cigars without opening it, but I still like to pop it open and enjoy the beautiful aroma of spanish cedar and cigars from time to time too.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    That's good to know. I got lucky in both cases then and got a gold tassel, mid grade, humi. If I had known that before purchasing anything, I'd have likely spent the extra $$$ and got Red tassel humi's instead. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for future reference, although I'm sure I'll move up to cooleradors once I have this 500 filled!

LOL, hey, it's a decent humi and as per Craig's post above, it's a mid grade humidor. All I know is it seals well and holds hit's RH decently. The 500 count my ol'lady got me last x'mas has glass on the top and the front. I like being able to look in and see the cigars without opening it, but I still like to pop it open and enjoy the beautiful aroma of spanish cedar and cigars from time to time too.
    After looking into things a little more, I think a glass top humidor will be more of what I need. I tend to take a peek at what I have more than I need to, And I like the extra room this one provides.

Thread Information