Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CheapHumidors.com

Default CheapHumidors.com

Anyone ever dealt with these guys before? I'm looking for a cheap price on a bigger humidor, and I came across their website, and noticed extremely cheap prices on boxes. I was thinking about ordering one, but I'd like to see if someone has done so already, and can possibly tell me how they are.

2. Default

I have heard their customer service is lacking.

Blog Entries

Their name turns me off.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

that kind of worries me if i'm going to spend 100+ on a box of cigars.

I'll have to look into it way more before I decide to try them out or not.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    You might want to take a look at CheapHumidors.com:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/

My wife bought me a 500 count from there last x'mas and I'm happy with it. It seals well, looks good and the price was decent. They did double ship the order though. So I had to send a second one back......as much as I'd like to have kept it.......LOL

Also, a fellow I know ordered a 2000 count humi from them and it arrived damaged. He shipped it back and had them reship a new one and it too arrived with some minor damage that didn't affect it's seal. He complained and they discounted the price for him. FWIW, I know they also sell damaged (with seal unaffected) humi's too if you want to save a few bucks.
    CptnBlues63 sounds like a positive dude but this turns me off too.

I found a cheap price on a humidor online before. Then it got home and it held absolutely zero moisture. Now I've gone even cheaper and use a Coleman cooler, but I did learn that a humidor is one of those things you want to buy in person.

Cool thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll look at some other places for cheap prices on boxes, and I'll quite possibly invest with someone, or someplace, that has better feedback than this.

Consider a coolerdor for storing boxes or bundles of cigars. It's cheap and works. It doesn't look pretty, but you can use a nice humidor or two to display and keep cigars you want more immediate access to. With a coolerdor, the humidors can be pretty small. This combo is the best bang for the buck while being aesthetically pleasing.
    Latest smokes:
    Cigar: 5/19: Nub Connecticut 464T
    Pipe: 3/16: G.L. Pease~Charing Cross

Quote Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
    Consider a coolerdor for storing boxes or bundles of cigars. It's cheap and works. It doesn't look pretty, but you can use a nice humidor or two to display and keep cigars you want more immediate access to. With a coolerdor, the humidors can be pretty small. This combo is the best bang for the buck while being aesthetically pleasing.
    My plan is to simply get another bigger and more elegant looking humidor for my cigars I'd like immediate access to. I have a small 25 cigar humidor that I plan on giving to a friend that needs one to get himself started. Once I start buying boxes for myself, which is something I'm wondering if I should from these guys, I'll start working on a coolerdor or something of that effect for when I start building up more cigars.

But some of their box prices you can't beat though, unless anyone else has a place that's cheap to buy boxes from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzycrabs View Post
    But some of their box prices you can't beat though, unless anyone else has a place that's cheap to buy boxes from?
    Try your local tobacconist - there's a shop here that just gives me a few from time to time as a reward for my loyalty to his shop. Ask around.

CheapHumidors.com? Who is the marketing genius behind this? Sounds too much like PieceOfShitProducts.com to me. I wouldn't buy from them on that basis alone.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

11. Default

cheap humidors .com is the retail end of an importer of a lot of the humidors you see for sale in your local shops. Unless you got 2K for a leprechaun made Manning of Eli Bleu made by french surrender monkeys you mot likely have a chineese made box. You are not going to get a lot of Cust Svc from them but what u will get is a decent humidor at a good price
    The older I get ,the better I was

Quote Originally Posted by kevin7 View Post
    cheap humidors .com is the retail end of an importer of a lot of the humidors you see for sale in your local shops. Unless you got 2K for a leprechaun made Manning of Eli Bleu made by french surrender monkeys you mot likely have a chineese made box. You are not going to get a lot of Cust Svc from them but what u will get is a decent humidor at a good price
    Kevin is absolutely correct about them being the retail end of a large importer. I can't remember the name of the major importer offhand but the humi's actually ship from them.....not cheaphumidors. When you place your order with cheaphumidors, they pass it along to the importer and the importer ships to you. I suspect Kevin's also correct about the vast majority of stores in Canada and the US stocking humi's from the same importer that were manufactured in China.

I bought my first humi at my favorite B&M. It's a 100 count. When I got the 500 count for x'mas from my wife last year I gave it to my good friend. It's still working perfectly for him. I paid about $200.00 CAD in total for it and you can buy the exact same model on cheaphumidors.com for about $90.00

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_mediu...-OLDWORLD.html

If I had known, I would have ordered it from them instead of my B&M. Even with shipping I could have saved a bunch of money. To me, that's worth it.

I have no complaints about their customer service myself. When the second order arrived, I called them and they had the courier come pick it up. No problem and very little hassle on my end. They offered to let me keep the second humi.......if I paid for it......lol. I countered with an offer to take it off their hands for free, they declined.

My 500 count looks great, seals real good and with a Hyrda-SM humidifier in it, I only have to fill the cartridge about once a month.......and it's awful dry here come winter.

I'd do business with them again if I were to ever buy another wood humidor. However, that's not likely. Once I get to the point where my 500 count is full, I'll build a coolerador to store boxes and keep the loose ones I plan on smoking in the wood humi......just like most of the rest of the guys on here do.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

BTW, there are grades of Chinese humidors, and Chinese products generally. For humi's, look at the tassel on the key.

Black tassel: lowest grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the inside; tray may have a cedar divider;

Gold tassel: medium grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the box; seal and tray made of cedar.

Red tassel: highest (relative) grade, typically MDF with wood veneer on the outside and cedar veneer with some cedar lining on the inside. cedar tray.

What's funny about this is that is the exact model that I was planning on getting. It's either that one or I'm going to be looking into a glass top one, that's around a 100 to 200 count humidor.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    BTW, there are grades of Chinese humidors, and Chinese products generally. For humi's, look at the tassel on the key.

Black tassel: lowest grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the inside; tray may have a cedar divider;

Gold tassel: medium grade, typically painted MDF with cedar veneer on the box; seal and tray made of cedar.

Red tassel: highest (relative) grade, typically MDF with wood veneer on the outside and cedar veneer with some cedar lining on the inside. cedar tray.
    That's good to know. I got lucky in both cases then and got a gold tassel, mid grade, humi. If I had known that before purchasing anything, I'd have likely spent the extra $$$ and got Red tassel humi's instead. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for future reference, although I'm sure I'll move up to cooleradors once I have this 500 filled!

What's funny about this is that is the exact model that I was planning on getting. It's either that one or I'm going to be looking into a glass top one, that's around a 100 to 200 count humidor.
    LOL, hey, it's a decent humi and as per Craig's post above, it's a mid grade humidor. All I know is it seals well and holds hit's RH decently. The 500 count my ol'lady got me last x'mas has glass on the top and the front. I like being able to look in and see the cigars without opening it, but I still like to pop it open and enjoy the beautiful aroma of spanish cedar and cigars from time to time too.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Cool thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll look at some other places for cheap prices on boxes, and I'll quite possibly invest with someone, or someplace, that has better feedback than this.
    I've got better feedback than that, LOOK:

TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    That's good to know. I got lucky in both cases then and got a gold tassel, mid grade, humi. If I had known that before purchasing anything, I'd have likely spent the extra $$$ and got Red tassel humi's instead. I'll definitely be keeping that in mind for future reference, although I'm sure I'll move up to cooleradors once I have this 500 filled!

LOL, hey, it's a decent humi and as per Craig's post above, it's a mid grade humidor. All I know is it seals well and holds hit's RH decently. The 500 count my ol'lady got me last x'mas has glass on the top and the front. I like being able to look in and see the cigars without opening it, but I still like to pop it open and enjoy the beautiful aroma of spanish cedar and cigars from time to time too.
    After looking into things a little more, I think a glass top humidor will be more of what I need. I tend to take a peek at what I have more than I need to, And I like the extra room this one provides.

Are you just making this shit up?
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Are you just making this shit up?
    LMFAO!!

I ordered both of my humidors from these guys and have no complaints whatsoever. Fast shipping time, great prices, and decent humidors. I feel they provide a good product for the price.

I may be taking the bait here, but what does it mean if the tassel is yellow?

Thread Information