Thread: Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

1. Default Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

Tatuaje Cojonu 2003

Aged: 2 years (Oct 09) in a Diamond Crown Alexander
    Filler: Nicaragua
    Binder: Nicaragua
    Wrapper: Nicaragua
    Drink: Jack Daniels Single Barrel

I have had this cigar in my humidor since late 2009. At first glance, this Nicaraguan puro looks promising. The construction is GREAT. One or two veins on the wrapper, but nothing serious. I expected one thing from this cigar, and it gave me a total oppisite.

Prelight:
    I decided to go with a punch cut for this one. Not sure what made me choose the punch for this one, but we will see how it turns out. The prelight draw was easy with a faint spicy note on the lips (less than expected). To me, the predominant flavor was cedar.

The light:
    Draw during the light was easy to medium. The first puff was was a little unexpected. I was expecting a nice spicy note, but instead I got some chocolate and woody notes. Was actually a pleasent surprize.

The smoke:
    The first third was dominated my cedar notes. Not much else. Every now and then I noticed a bit of spice, but it was soon over-powered by the cedar. The ash held on for about 1.5" and was light grey with bands of darker grey/black ash. The second third was all about chocolate and cedar. The spice had mellowed off completely and there was a chocolate and woody (cedar) flavor that dominated throughout the second third. The third third was pretty much the same as the second, but the cigar had totally mellowed out and wasnt doing much for me.

The Verdict:
    Over all this smoke was very enjoyable. It did get a little boring towards the end, but I would definitely look for some more. I will be interest to smoke one out of the box and compare it to this one I smoked. Guess i'm going shopping :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for the review.

Blog Entries

Nice review and a late welcome to the forum from AZ.

-Buzz
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

4. Default

Thanks guys

Thread Information