Thread: Davidoff Short Perfecto

Default Davidoff Short Perfecto

Well, since I finally decided to join up here, I guess I should contribute in some way. Plus, it's been a while since I did a cigar review, so here goes:

I smoked a Davidoff Short Perfecto today that I picked up at a local shop several weeks ago. Aesthetically, perfectos are my favorite cigar shape, kind of a throwback to the old days. However, I usually experience some burn problems with even some of the most well-made ones. Not this one though. This started off with an even burn and kept it throughout the entire smoke. It was a smooth, easy draw right from the very beginning unlike some other perfectos I've had that started out firm (i.e. the Zino Platinum Bullet). It had a nice spicy kick to it at first that faded in the middle and came back strong at the end. There was a prominent woody background to the smoke, and the finish went on forever. At nine bucks this isn't one I'll be smoking often, but one I'll definitely smoke again.
    Have you ever thought about maybe turning off the TV, sitting down with your kids...and hitting them?

Blog Entries

Most Davidoffs are too mild for me. However I do LOVE the Millenniums. They're supposedly "full bodied" but I'd call them medium or medium to full. They're very expensive but I think they're worth it.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thanks for the review. I haven't tried any Davidoffs yet but I will give this a try as I am fond of perfectos too. Try the Gran Cubita SMS perfecto, it is one of may favorites, as it does not have as many burn problems as most perfectos.
    There's only two kinds of cigars, the kind you like and the kind you don't.

Thread Information