Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No idea what is happening

1. Default No idea what is happening

Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my cigars and I figured if anyone would know what is happening that person would be here. So I recently went to Cuba and purchased some Cohiba's. I brought them back and attempted to smoke one, after cutting the cap I tried lighting it and after some effort achieved my goal. I then tried smoking it. This is where my issue arose, I tasted the cigar, the foot flared, but I did not get any smoke in my mouth. This continued and unless I was smoking or puffing on it, the cigar would eventually stop burning if let sit there. Now, I live in an extremely dry environment (Alberta, Canada) and I left the cigars for another week figuring that they were moist. A week later I still have the same problem. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?

2. Default

Here we go again...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBadTouch View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having some trouble with my cigars and I figured if anyone would know what is happening that person would be here. So I recently went to Cuba and purchased some Cohiba's. I brought them back and attempted to smoke one, after cutting the cap I tried lighting it and after some effort achieved my goal. I then tried smoking it. This is where my issue arose, I tasted the cigar, the foot flared, but I did not get any smoke in my mouth. This continued and unless I was smoking or puffing on it, the cigar would eventually stop burning if let sit there. Now, I live in an extremely dry environment (Alberta, Canada) and I left the cigars for another week figuring that they were moist. A week later I still have the same problem. Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it?
    Did you buy them from a reputable dealer, or some dude at the hotel you stayed at?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

banana peels.

PM sent

6. Default

I bid 7 cents and half a cheesburger...

Blog Entries

Dammit!

PM Sent ©

Uncle Tupelo

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Dammit!

PM Sent ©
    no no you go back to sleep!!!! P.M. sent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Did you buy them from a reputable dealer, or some dude at the hotel you stayed at?
    Yes, before anyone can answer you question, you need to answer this one first. Where did you buy your Cohibas? And don't say "In Cuba" we need to know if you bought them from an official LCDH shop or what.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

10. Default

I bought them from a guy in a hotel, so no not a reputable dealer. The guys I bought them from provided the certificate and everything. Which I can post here if need be.

Find a draw poker and unplug that fake cuban.
    Yep you got fake Cubans in Cuba.

I personally don't care if they are fake as long as they are a half decent cigar ill smoke them.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

I bought them from a guy in a hotel, so no not a reputable dealer. The guys I bought them from provided the certificate and everything. Which I can post here if need be.
    There you have it folks. Not a reputable dealer. Case closed.

Uncle Tupelo

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    I personally don't care if they are fake as long as they are a half decent cigar ill smoke them.
    That's the ticket. As long as you didn't pay so much for them that it'll break your heart every time you light one up.

Another PM sent - because there was no response to the first one.

Blog Entries

I have thousands of those "certificates" too. You have fake, $hitty cigars. If I were you, I'd throw them away.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Blog Entries

You got screwed. Get over it - what CC said.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

You don't have to post the certificate - just enter the numbers under the certificate's barcode on the Habanos SA website and check that what the website decodes matches what you bought.

http://www.habanos.com/Sellos/Info/VerificaSelloCajon

Please post what the website gives as a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    Find a draw poker and unplug that fake cuban.
    Yep you got fake Cubans in Cuba.

LOL - if they were purchased in Cuba, then they're probably still Cuban cigars.........just not the ones you thought you were buying. I'd still smoke them too.

Hey FuzzyBadTouch where in AB are you? I'm in AB too and so are two other members. If you're close to any one of us I'm sure we could help you figure out if they're what you paid for or not.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    LOL - if they were purchased in Cuba, then they're probably still Cuban cigars.........just not the ones you thought you were buying. I'd still smoke them too.

Hey FuzzyBadTouch where in AB are you? I'm in AB too and so are two other members. If you're close to any one of us I'm sure we could help you figure out if they're what you paid for or not.
    You would? In this case, his cigars are unable to be smoked. Just in case you missed this, he said this in his first post:

I then tried smoking it. This is where my issue arose, I tasted the cigar, the foot flared, but I did not get any smoke in my mouth. This continued and unless I was smoking or puffing on it, the cigar would eventually stop burning if let sit there.
    I don't care if the tobacco came from Fidel's personal stash, if some moron who doesn't know how to roll cigars produced cigars that are virtually impossible to smoke, then THROW THEM AWAY and stop wasting your time.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

Ya, best case scenerio, they are all the cigars that are thrown away and some picked them out and put together a box for you, worst case scenerio, they are banana peels
    "smoking is one of the greatest and cheapest enjoyments in life,
    and if you decide in advance not to smoke, I can only feel sorry for you."-Sigmund Freud

"The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small" - Mother Teresa

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything either as a blessing or a curse” – Carlos Casteneda

Thread Information