Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: A little contest

If I recall, I made a comment about Down Syndrome once and had my ass ripped open and handed to me. Get your facts straight fishboy.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

ilikefishes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Again, I made no reference to her sexual orientation.
    Yeah, but Downs came up onthenext page and you melted down.

Blog Entries

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

ahhh..Your to slick George. I wish I had your verbal skills.
    Awww... Thanks, Paddy.

Hey fishy -

Quote Hex! He's had some pretty rude things to say!!!

...and Cigar Sarge - that rat bastid's always spouting off!

oooohhhh... and Roham! That guy... Well - let's just say he's a WILD MAN!!!

Oh yeah - Buzz!!! Where are the Buzz quotes! I want Buzz quotes!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    You're a moderator at another forum? Why didn't you say so!?! Is "Pipe Chat" a plumber's forum?

Oh, crap - I'm so sorry - I shoulda searched first before I said that. My bad...
    I don't mind answering questions, even if the answer might be found with a search engine. Had you searched, you would have found that Pipe Chat is either a group of pipe smokers or pipe organ enthusiasts. We are the former. I have yet to find a Pipe Chat for plumbers, but that doesn't mean it does not exist.

As you can probably tell by our name, the forum is mostly about pipes, although there are cigar smokers and discussions of cigars.

My involvement there, I suspect, mirrors that of the moderators here. I have banned only spammers, joined in discussions, helped come up with contests, and, on occasion, supplied prizes. Other than that, we let the forum evolve as it will. It's more a position of responsibility than of authority, as I'm sure is the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
    Yeah, but Downs came up onthenext page and you melted down.
    Then I took my beating, let it go and moved on unlike some.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

Blog Entries

Oh yeah - Buzz!!! Where are the Buzz quotes! I want Buzz quotes!
    How dare you bring me into this George?!?! You big dummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    So because I'm a moderator at another forum, you think I should act differently here? I don't recall you acting the same way at both forums either. People acting differently in different environments? Scandalous! I really hope you someday realize what you have really proven here. By the way, I have certainly called people out on Pipe Chat for what they've posted. See if you can find any reactions close to this for a perceived misunderstanding of the character of the forum. And still I'm not saying you should change. I'm just saying you'll all be better off if you can admit what you have here and who you are. Acceptance is a far better place than denial.
    Yes, I do, I think you should act with respect and invest a little more energy into determining this forums tenor and a little less in being a bad-ass. Which philosophy do you believe in...the one over there, or the one here? They are very different.

I would call my actions on that board as being respectful of each forums' general tenor and rules. You see, I'm a newbie over there....no standing in the community, so I pretty much keep my mouth shut and watch, read just about every new post each day, and thus learn about the members. We had an exchange in a political thread over there, where, shockingly enough, you vomitted out some bullshit opinion as fact and I proved your wrong by simply asking you to prove your assertions as fact, which you could not do. Funny how you just dropped that thread....love to argue do you?

Your pomposity is protected over at the other place, and your ego constantly inflated while you, essentially, do nothing. Over at that other place, I could pull up plenty of evidence of you espousing the virtues of civility and kindness to all members, then you trot over here and take part in the very act you denigrate elsewhere. That, friend, is hypocrisy and indicative of a seriously flawed character. If, as you so vehemently espouse, you are "just being yourself"......please, help me understand which self we can expect here.

I don't mind answering questions, even if the answer might be found with a search engine. Had you searched, you would have found that Pipe Chat is either a group of pipe smokers or pipe organ enthusiasts. We are the former. I have yet to find a Pipe Chat for plumbers, but that doesn't mean it does not exist.

As you can probably tell by our name, the forum is mostly about pipes, although there are cigar smokers and discussions of cigars.

My involvement there, I suspect, mirrors that of the moderators here. I have banned only spammers, joined in discussions, helped come up with contests, and, on occasion, supplied prizes. Other than that, we let the forum evolve as it will. It's more a position of responsibility than of authority, as I'm sure is the case here.
    Thanks for the info about Pipe Chat. Honestly - I was confused, having never heard of it before today's discussion. I like cigars and had not thought about the pipe angle. When I think pipe - I think plumbing. Again - my bad. But I'm sure Pipe Chat is a very vibrant and interesting forum - no doubt because of your diligence. Kudo's!

I, for one, very much appreciate your enthusiasm in our community. Especially with helping some of our newer members discuss things they could otherwise easily find using the search feature. Quite frankly - after years of answering those same questions repeatedly... Well... It really was getting rather mundane.

...and "straightening out" those clowns that would dare to act so rude. I tell you - I preach this all of the time. These guys are otherwise some of the kindest and most generous people I've met (except for ashauler, of course) - but they just don't seem to know how to act. Thanks for giving them your insight.
    Last edited by ggiese; 12-21-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: removed ashauler from the list of "kindest and most generous" people

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    How dare you bring me into this George?!?! You big dummy.
    FISHY - FISHY

Here's a Buzz quote for you!!!! He just called me a "big dummy"!!!

...and I betcha you can find a whole lot more of his nonsense if you look...

Blog Entries

I object to being categorized as kind and/or generous. That's a secret dammit.
    Last edited by ashauler; 12-21-2011 at 04:29 PM. Reason: edit to protect my secret

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I object to being categorized as kind and/or generous. That's a secret dammit.
    I'm sure George will edit his post to exclude YOU!
    ~ Gerry Adams

I'm sure George will edit his post to exclude YOU!
    Done!

Blog Entries

Done!
    Many thanks!!

15. Default

Yes, I do, I think you should act with respect and invest a little more energy into determining this forums tenor and a little less in being a bad-ass. Which philosophy do you believe in...the one over there, or the one here? They are very different.

I would call my actions on that board as being respectful of each forums' general tenor and rules. You see, I'm a newbie over there....no standing in the community, so I pretty much keep my mouth shut and watch, read just about every new post each day, and thus learn about the members. We had an exchange in a political thread over there, where, shockingly enough, you vomitted out some bullshit opinion as fact and I proved your wrong by simply asking you to prove your assertions as fact, which you could not do. Funny how you just dropped that thread....love to argue do you?

Your pomposity is protected over at the other place, and your ego constantly inflated while you, essentially, do nothing. Over at that other place, I could pull up plenty of evidence of you espousing the virtues of civility and kindness to all members, then you trot over here and take part in the very act you denigrate elsewhere. That, friend, is hypocrisy and indicative of a seriously flawed character. If, as you so vehemently espouse, you are "just being yourself"......please, help me understand which self we can expect here.
    You again fail to actually listen to anything your opponent says and keep insisting that you have proven me wrong. I would get further with someone who speaks no English than someone who insists on ignoring it. Yes, people act differently in different situations. I would love you to show me how I have acted differently than the members who were here before me, save for my choice of target. You don't go to a Hanukkah and sing Silent Night. Were you to act on Pipe Chat the way you do here, I would call you out on it. Pipe Chat has a different goal and a different way of going about it, not better or worse, just different, and it is respectful to recognize those differences and act accordingly. The hypocrisy, dear sir, is yours, for asking anyone here to act differently than you do yourself. With your own words and your interpretation of mine, you show that you have absolutely no sense of context.

You again fail to actually listen to anything your opponent says and keep insisting that you have proven me wrong. I would get further with someone who speaks no English than someone who insists on ignoring it. Yes, people act differently in different situations. I would love you to show me how I have acted differently than the members who were here before me, save for my choice of target. You don't go to a Hanukkah and sing Silent Night. Were you to act on Pipe Chat the way you do here, I would call you out on it. Pipe Chat has a different goal and a different way of going about it, not better or worse, just different, and it is respectful to recognize those differences and act accordingly. The hypocrisy, dear sir, is yours, for asking anyone here to act differently than you do yourself. With your own words and your interpretation of mine, you show that you have absolutely no sense of context.
    Doggone it - that's it!!! "No sense of context"! I could never put my finger on it, but you have hit the nail right on the head!

17. Default

Fishy...Fishy in the brook
    gg caught him with a hook
    Paddy fried him in a pan
    Jamie threw him in the shit can.

Blog Entries

You're right. We're all wrong. Now I feel like an ass hole.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

ilikefishes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Fishy...Fishy in the brook
    gg caught him with a hook
    Paddy fried him in a pan
    Jamie threw him in the shit can.
    Oh, a poem. Thanks Sarge. And funny and witty too.

Blog Entries

Nah, I'm pretty certain Bill would say that to me publicly, and I think that's entirely too many words for Tyler to type in one "post".
    LMAO @ Ken & Jamie. who both know I don't send PMs and my inbox is always full.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Thread Information