Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: A little contest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTree View Post
    You again fail to actually listen to anything your opponent says and keep insisting that you have proven me wrong.
    I would get further with someone who speaks no English than someone who insists on ignoring it.
    The only one here I see ignoring anything is you, and the things you ignore would be questions. I did prove you wrong over there on the Paul issue. You stated incorrect assumptions as fact. You were clearly wrong. Dang, come to think of it, that sounds kinda familiar.

Yes, people act differently in different situations. I would love you to show me how I have acted differently than the members who were here before me, save for my choice of target. You don't go to a Hanukkah and sing Silent Night.
    No, you have acted like many others before you. Misguided and ill-informed, but yes, repetitive.

Were you to act on Pipe Chat the way you do here, I would call you out on it. Pipe Chat has a different goal and a different way of going about it, not better or worse, just different, and it is respectful to recognize those differences and act accordingly.
    LMAO, um, I think I just said I respected the general tenor of that forum and, appropriately, follow the rules. If it makes you feel better, I'm deathly afraid that you will "call me out."

The hypocrisy, dear sir, is yours, for asking anyone here to act differently than you do yourself. With your own words and your interpretation of mine, you show that you have absolutely no sense of context.
    I'm not asking you to act any way at all. You can't help who you are. You can't expect the flashlight not to hit you in the face though. Your words don't need any "interpretation." They are plain, and they stand on their own. Would you like me to quote more of your shit, or can you remember what you've typed on this board?
    Last edited by ashauler; 12-21-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries

I will infer that some of you, specifically you, don't read the posts closely enough. I was inferring that the public display of my PM would be the natural reaction of me acting like a spoiled brat who can't take a good-natured ribbing. In fact, the context of that entire post was my mockery of runningscared and his wussy little message to ashauler.

But maybe it's not that you didn't understand the thread. Maybe it's just my turn for the hazing that everyone seems to get. If that's the case, you'll find it hard to harass me. I roll with it pretty well. But please, keep trying.
    When someone sends an email, a letter, a PM, a text message to someone, it becomes their property and they can do with it as they wish. I think you agree with that, right Tom?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

Quote Originally Posted by cigarsarge View Post
    Fishy...Fishy in the brook
    gg caught him with a hook
    Paddy fried him in a pan
    Jamie threw him in the shit can.
    Oh, fishy - Sarge swore!!!

...keep that in your little trick bag the next time you're quoting the bad CS members. That could be VERY useful in embarassing him.

Okay, okay, okay... Clearly, Ashauler - you have "no sense of context".

tommy - I think I get it, but would you please clarify for me. Does "no sense of context" mean that Ashauler does not understand what you mean?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    When someone sends an email, a letter, a PM, a text message to someone, it becomes their property and they can do with it as they wish. I think you agree with that, right Tom?
    That was the entire point of my post, that, especially given the atmosphere here, you would have to be an idiot not to expect that. What I was proposing was that I would act like runningdeer, wait until the utterly expected appearance of my PM on the forum, and then guess my own name to get a prize. But, again, that's what I wrote in the first place.

Blog Entries

That was the entire point of my post, that, especially given the atmosphere here, you would have to be an idiot not to expect that. What I was proposing was that I would act like runningdeer, wait until the utterly expected appearance of my PM on the forum, and then guess my own name to get a prize. But, again, that's what I wrote in the first place.
    No, that is not exactly correct, what you wrote was this:

Now I feel like writing a passive aggressive PM to complain about someone's treatment of... well, that part probably doesn't even matter. I'll just act like a little bitch, wait until it gets posted in public (because anyone who's spent more than half a minute on this forum knows that's coming), guess myself and collect my riches. It's a foolproof plan!
    Now, in your mind I'm quite sure you understood what you were attempting to convey. Evidently another member didn't follow your thought process, most likely because he didn't know you and couldn't properly detect your meaning. That being the case, he asked:

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    What's this? Have you inferred that we're unfair, or something?
    You then said this:
    I will infer that some of you, specifically you, don't read the posts closely enough. I was inferring that the public display of my PM would be the natural reaction of me acting like a spoiled brat who can't take a good-natured ribbing. In fact, the context of that entire post was my mockery of runningscared and his wussy little message to ashauler.

But maybe it's not that you didn't understand the thread. Maybe it's just my turn for the hazing that everyone seems to get. If that's the case, you'll find it hard to harass me. I roll with it pretty well. But please, keep trying.
    The first part I got no problem with, other than your failure to understand the proper use of the word infer. If you would have stopped there, this would have just faded away.

The bold part is where you presume to know the workings of this forum. You clearly made an error when you implied that everyone is hazed. Sorry, that is simply not true, and you would have to be a complete idiot to expect not to draw fire after making such a statement.

One of my favorite quotes from here is:
    "You're not catching shit because you're a newbie, you're catching shit because you're an idiot."
    That's this board, pretty much in a nutshell.

I think you thought you could come here, drop Ken's name, and it would make you an instant FOG or otherwise respected member of this board. This is where you were wrong. It bought you some time and, apparently, just enough rope.

I gotta split for the evening gents....have a wonderful night.

Blog Entries

It isn't just the "atmosphere here" Tom, that's what happens everywhere, the receiver of the written message, letter, text, PM or whatever is free to do with it as he chooses so what's the big deal?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"
    Grammar - It's the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CoventryCat86 View Post
    It isn't just the "atmosphere here" Tom, that's what happens everywhere, the receiver of the written message, letter, text, PM or whatever is free to do with it as he chooses so what's the big deal?
    God, it's like talking to the deaf. Why do so many of you work so hard to convince yourselves that you're being attacked? If it happens everywhere, then why do you care if I point out that it happens here, and why assume I'm doing it in a negative way? There are a lot of guilty consciences here.

Blog Entries

God, it's like talking to the deaf. Why do so many of you work so hard to convince yourselves that you're being attacked? If it happens everywhere, then why do you care if I point out that it happens here, and why assume I'm doing it in a negative way? There are a lot of guilty consciences here.
    Seriously? It's someone else's fault again? How many established members here is that now? Why can't we all just conform to Tom's ways, guys? There's seriously something wrong with you guys! You are all the problem! Let's listen to Tom. I bet he can clean this place up in no time.

Go ahead - tell us how it's supposed to be.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Blog Entries

Tom I never inferred or said I or anyone was being attacked. I'm not assuming you're doing it in a negative way. I don't have a guilty conscience at all.

Stop being an asshole. Up until now, I thought very highly of you, I admired your wit and humor when you first got here but your most recent behavior has me feeling unsure of my original feelings about you which saddens me.

If you want to be here to learn and talk about cigars then great, if you want to contribute in a positive way then great but if you just want to be an asshole then stop wasting your time and ours, okay?
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I think you thought you could come here, drop Ken's name, and it would make you an instant FOG or otherwise respected member of this board. This is where you were wrong. It bought you some time and, apparently, just enough rope.
    I couldn't care less about being a big shot. As you are so fond of pointing out, I am a bit of a big shot elsewhere, so I don't need to be one here. I just wanted to contribute what I could to the established group here, because it's not more about taking than giving to all of us.

By the way, that part you put in bold, that was me giving you the benefit of the doubt. Let that serve as warning to anyone else who might want to believe the best of you. Thanks for admitting that your response wasn't playful as I suggested and that you're every bit as mean spirited as you've been accused of being. Again, I was hoping for the best. Sorry about that.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrtr33 View Post
    Seriously? It's someone else's fault again? How many established members here is that now? Why can't we all just conform to Tom's ways, guys? There's seriously something wrong with you guys! You are all the problem! Let's listen to Tom. I bet he can clean this place up in no time.

Go ahead - tell us how it's supposed to be.
    Isn't it clear I'm not trying to clean the place up? I was trying to participate in the spirit I perceived to be here, but some of the members here didn't like that. Now I'm doing it my way, but still not the way I would have done it if you would have contributed had the members here not decided to act as if I was attacking them. What happened to me is not your fault. I am your fault, and I'm still enjoying it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    I think you thought you could come here, drop Ken's name, and it would make you an instant FOG or otherwise respected member of this board.
    He dropped Ken's name? I missed that. Not that it matters, nobody likes Ken anyway.
    TBSCigars - "On Holiday"

TommyTree some times its best to take a break and let things go.

Likesfishes is not your friend nor dose he think your right he just wants to use you as a justification for his feelings for this forum.
    Any time he agrees with you you need to really think of why he is jumping on your side no mater if your right or wrong.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

ilikefishes Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mangyrat View Post
    TommyTree some times its best to take a break and let things go.

Likesfishes is not your friend nor dose he think your right he just wants to use you as a justification for his feelings for this forum.
    Any time he agrees with you you need to really think of why he is jumping on your side no mater if your right or wrong.
    Yeah, this makes sense. Says the fucking psycho holding the bloody knife.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikefishes View Post
    Yeah, this makes sense. Says the fucking psycho holding the bloody knife.
    So now I'm a psycho

My fellings are hurt.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

17. Default

Interesting thread . Typical of most boards ,newbies and fucktards somehow to impale themselves on their sword. I'm the oldest by join date active member here and hardly consider myself the most senior member here. we have biult a solid core of good people here but I swear for every good member we have to watch 9-13 fucktards implode. I mostly ignore newbies cause I dont give a fuck about them or care how big their e-dick is. I see 1 fucking moron and 1 retard on this thread so far. 1sst guess to name them wins the chance to lick my balls
    The older I get ,the better I was

Blog Entries

I couldn't care less about being a big shot. As you are so fond of pointing out, I am a bit of a big shot elsewhere, so I don't need to be one here. I just wanted to contribute what I could to the established group here, because it's not more about taking than giving to all of us.

By the way, that part you put in bold, that was me giving you the benefit of the doubt. Let that serve as warning to anyone else who might want to believe the best of you. Thanks for admitting that your response wasn't playful as I suggested and that you're every bit as mean spirited as you've been accused of being. Again, I was hoping for the best. Sorry about that.
    Who is accusing me of being mean-spirited? You?

Blog Entries

He's suggesting that you're playful, although there seems to a lack of perception.

Thanks for the contest!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    he's suggesting that you're playful, although there seems to a lack of perception.

Thanks for the contest!
    lmao!
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information