Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Humidor - Lotus Arts De Vivre - Extremely Rare - For Sale - 10000 GBP

Blog Entries

Guys, I've just seen this. I'll be over there for the Gershwin festival from the 4th to the 15th. I've already booked the charter and would be happy to include you guys on the plane. Wouldn't be that hard to swing from here to Tuscon...then to O'Hare...then off to Merry Ole England. I think your share would probably exceed $1700, but maybe this guy would help you out some. Hell, maybe he has some cigars to go with the humidor? Three willing buyers in one place, how could he miss?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    That was my thought too. I really don't know how to understand or speak Englandese.

Do you think, perhaps, Portugese might be spoken widely in London? If so - I think I can hook us up. I have a housekeeper from Brazil that could translate for us...
    The problem will be that Portugal Portuguese is different than Brazilian Portuguese... I think they pronounce the "s" differently. It's like "shh" in Portugal but "sss" in Brazil.

Dale Pear, would you recommend we rent a car or should we take buses and taxis everywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    As the humidor is in London, your best bet would be to consign it back to CoutureLab.

The big issue here would be authenticity. Humidors are relatively easy items to knock-off.
    Craig - I just had a brilliant thought. Perhaps Ms. Pearo could post information about the humidor over on puff.com. That place is crawling with experts! I'm absolutely certain they would be able to determine its authenticity.

Also - where's tommy. I know there are a bunch of experts on pipechat.com that would be able to help us out. That place is MASSIVE and the members are so friendly and helpful!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ashauler View Post
    Guys, I've just seen this. I'll be over there for the Gershwin festival from the 4th to the 15th. I've already booked the charter and would be happy to include you guys on the plane. Wouldn't be that hard to swing from here to Tuscon...then to O'Hare...then off to Merry Ole England. I think your share would probably exceed $1700, but maybe this guy would help you out some. Hell, maybe he has some cigars to go with the humidor? Three willing buyers in one place, how could he miss?
    I'm liking this idea, I'd definitely be down for the Gershwin festival.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I'm liking this idea, I'd definitely be down for the Gershwin festival.
    X2!!!

Do they do any tomato throwing at the Gershwin festival? The way Buzz has described it - I think that's something the wife and I would really enjoy!

I'm beginning to get a bit concerned. I sent a PM quite a while ago and not received a response.

Buzz - have you heard anything?

Blog Entries

X2!!!

Do they do any tomato throwing at the Gershwin festival? The way Buzz has described it - I think that's something the wife and I would really enjoy!
    I'm not sure, I'll check with the Butler at the castle we rented. That reminds me, you guys want me to add you to the reservation? I'm sure there's plenty of room, and they freshened the moat just last spring.

Blog Entries

X2!!!

You would absolutely love it George... the rules are pretty simple too so it is easy to just jump right into it. I would assume that they operate tomato festivals the same over in England as they do here.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure, I'll check with the Butler at the castle we rented. That reminds me, you guys want me to add you to the reservation? I'm sure there's plenty of room, and they freshened the moat just last spring.
    A castle!!! With a moat!!! There is not a smiley available to accurately portray my excitement!!!

I'll have to settle for this one:

Blog Entries

Craig - I just had a brilliant thought. Perhaps Ms. Pearo could post information about the humidor over on puff.com. That place is crawling with experts! I'm absolutely certain they would be able to determine its authenticity.

Also - where's tommy. I know there are a bunch of experts on pipechat.com that would be able to help us out. That place is MASSIVE and the members are so friendly and helpful!
    I was thinking about puff, but then one of them might scoop the humidor for themselves! You know what they are like over there. A total lack of context, as it were.

The big question is whether the key has a red tassel, of course.
    Craig
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh Cigar Jesus just wept - kevin7
    A cigar storage primer | Basic Cuban cigar info

dalepearomedia Guest

Default Reply to all

Best way to contact me is via Email on - dalepearomedia@gmail.com

I have this item elsewhere and am thinking of putting it on ebay so its on a first come first serve basis.. or when someone is 100% they are wanting the item and are coming to view i will reserve the item for them

If you private messaged me i never received it they seem to be not working!
    Last edited by dalepearomedia; 12-22-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by craig View Post
    I was thinking about puff, but then one of them might scoop the humidor for themselves! You know what they are like over there. A total lack of context, as it were.

The big question is whether the key has a red tassel, of course.
    I hear you - there is that risk, of course. But - there's no larger group of experts than on puff. Caputo and Lopez are the bomb!!! They'll be able to tell us if there's an issue with authenticity. And - with Jamie chartering a flight, I think can get the jump on them. Should be no issue getting to that humidor before them.

hey, Buzz - have you received a PM yet? I'm not sure if it's the time difference, but I've not yet received a reply. I'm going to give it one more shot and try the e-mail address too.

13. Default

Talked it over with the wife...We would like to go along for the ride. Maybe some other folks woukd like to go...Kinda like the first CS herf.

Blog Entries

OK, so we got me, George, Jamie, and Ken - I'd like to reserve one of the castle rooms with a fireplace. How many rooms does the castle have Jamie? Is it pet-friendly?

George - I'm not sure what is wrong with my PM's and I can't figure out how to email anyone... I tried using that website you showed me, google... but that doesn't seem to be working.

I'm still wondering about transportation once we get there, are we going to rent a van or what?

Blog Entries

I'm only going if there's a heart shaped tub for me and Buzz's calves.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    OK, so we got me, George, Jamie, and Ken - I'd like to reserve one of the castle rooms with a fireplace. How many rooms does the castle have Jamie? Is it pet-friendly?

George - I'm not sure what is wrong with my PM's and I can't figure out how to email anyone... I tried using that website you showed me, google... but that doesn't seem to be working.

I'm still wondering about transportation once we get there, are we going to rent a van or what?
    I just got off the phone with the pilot. She and the crew are avaiiable on the dates of the festival. I reserved 5 rooms, all with fireplaces and suits of armour. Only two rooms have dragon heads mounted though. We'll draw for those. Pet friendly for sure buzz.

Blog Entries

I'm only going if there's a heart shaped tub for me and Buzz's calves.

Will

Will's in.

Blog Entries

I just got off the phone with the pilot. She and the crew are avaiiable on the dates of the festival. I reserved 5 rooms, all with fireplaces and suits of armour. Only two rooms have dragon heads mounted though. We'll draw for those. Pet friendly for sure buzz.
    Are the suits only for decoration or can we wear those around town?

Blog Entries

Yeah, 'da Leper PM'd me finally and asked me if I'm interested in the pewter dragon sword, and I replied that I thought it was a humidor, so I wasn't interested. Oh well, I always wanted to see London anyway.

Jamie, is ScotishSophie the flight attendant, or do we not get one this time?
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

dalepearomedia Guest

Thumbs up pm system not working

I dunno what is wrong with this websites PM's and i don't seem to be getting any of the PM's that people are saying they have sent...

so email me on dalepearomedia@gmail.com

Buzz - Are you planning on coming over to buy the humidor?

Ggiese - I have not received any PM's or Email from you yet

thanks guys

Thread Information