Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The best cigar that you smoked in 2011 was ...

I would have to say Opus X perfection as the best cigar i smoked this year.

But the year is not over yet and i plan on digging deep in the humidor for new years eve
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Blog Entries

My best cigar this past year was a La Gloria Cubana. Just a $3 cigar, not very memorable really, taste was pretty bland I think. But I was sitting outside alone after a very rough couple days and my wife brought it out to me because she thought the band "looked nice". We sat together and talked for a couple hours about our hopes for the future - not once mentioning the emotional chaos that we were, at that time, completely engulfed in. Absolutely fantastic cigar.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    My best cigar this past year was a La Gloria Cubana. Just a $3 cigar, not very memorable really, taste was pretty bland I think. But I was sitting outside alone after a very rough couple days and my wife brought it out to me because she thought the band "looked nice". We sat together and talked for a couple hours about our hopes for the future - not once mentioning the emotional chaos that we were, at that time, completely engulfed in. Absolutely fantastic cigar.
    Great post!

4. Default

EP Carrillo Edicion Limitada 2009. Great cigar from 2009 even better in 2011.

Default My best was:

The real deal. A Cuban Cohiba Lancero, 7.5 x 38, aged for several years. Fantastic smoke, I can see why Cubans are worth the price.

It's a toss up for me. It would be either:

- Oliva Series V Maduro Especial
    - Cuban Stock Royal Selection
    - My Father Le Bijou 1922
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Had a few great ones:

Berger & Argenti Entubar Double Corona natural
    Nestor Miranda Special Selection Lancero (Not sure if it was the Rosado or the Oscuro)
    Pinar Del Rio Clasico Exclusivo Lancero
    Carlos Torano Reserva Selecta Torpedo
    Puff N Stuff My Father Le Bijou SE
    Casa Fuente Belicos Finos

And a bunch of others as well.

ETA: Forgot to state which of the above was my favorite. The Entubar, was hands down, the best cigar I smoked this year.
    Last edited by Mizicke5273; 01-03-2012 at 10:22 AM.
    Yay! Cigars!

I have only smoked cigars since half way through 2011. The one cigar that I have fond memories of would be from the CAO World Sampler. It was an America Potomac. I really loved the rich and hearty flavor.

Backwoods Honey Berry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nhcigarfan View Post
    Backwoods Honey Berry.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFish View Post
    I have only smoked cigars since half way through 2011. The one cigar that I have fond memories of would be from the CAO World Sampler. It was an America Potomac. I really loved the rich and hearty flavor.
    Have you tried the Brazilia? I'm not a fan of CAO, but the Brazilia Gol was pretty good.

I don't know, it's dark and I hear laughter!
    Blog Entries

I seemed to be have got on a Padilla kick this past year:

Padilla Habano
    Padilla Casadores
    Padilla 68 series corojo

and

Padron 1964 anniversay series
    Gran Habano Azteca Fuerte
    My! What a nice ash you have!

No matter where you go, there you are!

Have you tried the Brazilia? I'm not a fan of CAO, but the Brazilia Gol was pretty good.
    The Brazilia was the first maduro I have ever smoked. Don't remember too much about it, other than it paired well with some Don Q Grand Anejo rum.

14. Default

The MOW Armada and Berger and Argenti Entubar. It's a shame they are both so expensive, but excellent sticks.

Blog Entries

It doesn't seem from all the browsing I have done the God of Fire sticks are very popular, but I had a few this year and they were the best in my humble opinion. Also, had a few Opus X, Padron 45th maduro, and a Casa Fuente. I'm still in the early stages of my ever developing obsession with cigars so reading the other posts here are giving me some ideas of things to try in the year 20 oh 12.

Default I'm a big fan of maduro wrappers.

I just finished a box of Tatuaje Gran Cojonu's I started last year. These fat juicy's have a "pig-tail" foot, they're firm as hell and smoke for hours without a relight. Strong and tasty they're just delicious. Well worth the $10.+ you have to pay for them 'cause they last a long time.

I don't waste them on the golf course where the wind and play cause you to relight a bunch of times. I'd rather enjoy them at Cuenca Cigars in Hollywood, Fl. Cuenca has a Montecristo Lounge attached to their store. I usually meet my golf buddies and the rest of the crew there on Wednesday nights. I keep a couple of bottles of single malt scotch in my locker and we sit around, watch the Heat, play dominoes and smoke our favorites. The Gran Cojonu is a complete cigar experience.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rewolf View Post
    I just finished a box of Tatuaje Gran Cojonu's I started last year. These fat juicy's have a "pig-tail" foot, they're firm as hell and smokeor hours without a relight. Strong and tasty they're just delicious. Well worth the $10.+ you have to pay for them 'cause they last a long time.

I don't waste them on the golf course where the wind and play cause you to relight a bunch of times. I'd rather enjoy them at Cuenca Cigars in Hollywood, Fl. Cuenca has a Montecristo Lounge attached to their store. I usually meet my golf buddies and the rest of the crew there on Wednesday nights. I keep a couple of bottles of single malt scotch in my locker and we sit around, watch the Heat, play dominoes and smoke our favorites. The Gran Cojonu is a complete cigar experience.
    Long-winded for a fuckin' spammer. Paid by the character or sumptin' I reckon.

18. Default Best Cigar of 2011

It is without a doubt the Romeo Y Julieta Aniversario

Blog Entries

While it is the new year here (the Canadian government year-end is March 31), I didn't think it would be celebrated as such outside Ottawa ...

Like someone else said, great post.

Like yourself I find my most memorable smokes are from what I am doing and who I am with, rather than the stick itself. The experience can elevate any cigar. I still remember smoking an RP 1992 in the summer of 2007 while fishing with my dad. It was a perfect moment.

I make waves of box purchases so nothing is really new. Memorable ones this year was my last King B on Thanksgiving and some Anejos here and there. Nothing worth celebrating this year to pull out the big guns.

Thread Information