Thread: Christmas suggestions

Default Christmas suggestions

My daughter informed me last night that she wants to get me a cigar that I wouldn't normally get for myself and asked for something nice in the $15-20 range.
    Since I don't normally shop in that price range, I thought some of you guys could help us out.
    I like a medium-full cigar with a thick smoke. I find myself leaning toward a Nicaraguan tobacco and a corojo wrapper, but I'm willing to try something else as long as it's not full of added flavors. I like my cigars to taste like cigars.
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    One of the most ironic parts of growing old is sitting down and enjoying a smoke with the children who used to sneak around behind your back to smoke a cigarette.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

Padron 1926 Serie No. 2 Belicoso Maduro. "around $20"
    Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva Shark No 77 "around $14"

The shark needs to rest for a few months in my opinion.
    designated whipping boy for the grammar police
    Just run everything threw a spell checker.

Quote Originally Posted by brotherdew View Post
    My daughter informed me last night that she wants to get me a cigar that I wouldn't normally get for myself and asked for something nice in the $15-20 range.
    Since I don't normally shop in that price range, I thought some of you guys could help us out.
    I like a medium-full cigar with a thick smoke. I find myself leaning toward a Nicaraguan tobacco and a corojo wrapper, but I'm willing to try something else as long as it's not full of added flavors. I like my cigars to taste like cigars.
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    I'm in Canada and our prices are a whole lot different from yours but here's a couple I like that fit your description that I believe will be in the price range you're looking at:

- Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo
    - My Father Le Bijou 1922 Toro
    - Cuban Stock Royal Selection Toro

I'm not sure offhand of the tobacco origin on those but I that's easy enough to check online.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

***William Ernest Henley***

Blog Entries

Agree on Padron 1926.....add the DC Maximus toro #4 (around $15)...these bastards always put out the smoke for me and taste pretty damn good too.

Blog Entries

How can you go wrong with a Padron '26?

You might get more bang for your buck with a PAM or PAN ~ Diplomatico (double corona)

PAM = Padron Anniversary Maduro
    PAN = Padron Anniversary Natural

Camacho 10th anniversary is good too.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

How can you go wrong with a Padron '26?

You might get more bang for your buck with a PAM or PAN ~ Diplomatico (double corona)

PAM = Padron Anniversary Maduro
    PAN = Padron Anniversary Natural

Camacho 10th anniversary is good too.
    I'm sorry, human resources lady... are you saying Pam? or Pan?
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

thanks, I think the '26 sounds like the choice by consensus. I will have to call and make sure our B&M has them. I'm sure they do, but just want to make sure.
    One of the most ironic parts of growing old is sitting down and enjoying a smoke with the children who used to sneak around behind your back to smoke a cigarette.

Blog Entries

Ditto on the Padron '26 - specifically, I like the maduro #6, and when I can find it, the #35

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I'm sorry, human resources lady... are you saying Pam? or Pan?
    I think I can help with the whole pan/ Pam issue, its pamm, with two m's

We went with the Padron '26 #2 Natural .
    I also bought myself an Oliva serie V double robusto.
    It's going to be a great Christmas, thanks for all your help.

Won't offer where I am not wanted. Peace

Sorry not trying to Hijack your thread just thought I would share my story here as it seemed fitting.

J
    Last edited by Collective Cigars; 12-25-2011 at 03:33 AM.

NO problem, thanks for sharing.
    I have to admit that in hindsight it was kind of funny to look back at how she used to think she was getting away with something.
    She recently sat down with me while I was smoking and asked to try it. Now I'm not one to share a stick but it was my daughter so I let her have a puff.
    Unfortunately for her, she inhaled deeply as she would a cigarette and I finally got to laugh at her as I had wanted to all those nights that she would come in acting all innocent. I politely stopped laughing and informed her that you don't smoke a cigar as you would a cigarette.
    Hopefully she will be willing to try another one of these days.

what I said above

J
    Last edited by Collective Cigars; 12-25-2011 at 03:33 AM.

I just got through smoking the Padron my daughter bought me for Christmas and all I can say is WOW!!!
    It was definitely stronger than I usually smoke, but I can see why it was the favored suggestion. Great end to a troublesome year.
    The only problem I have now is that I will want another one. Well, I guess I know what is at the top of my birthday list.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brotherdew View Post
    I just got through smoking the Padron my daughter bought me for Christmas and all I can say is WOW!!!
    It was definitely stronger than I usually smoke, but I can see why it was the favored suggestion. Great end to a troublesome year.
    The only problem I have now is that I will want another one. Well, I guess I know what is at the top of my birthday list.
    HNY!!!!

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information