Thread: H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon, Robusto

Default H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon, Robusto

Just finished this fine cigar. The only negative thing I have to say is, I wish I had bought a box of these instead of a single. Great earthy, cedar flavor from beginning to end, nice draw, no heat. Anyone else tried one of these?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rscogins View Post
    Just finished this fine cigar. The only negative thing I have to say is, I wish I had bought a box of these instead of a single. Great earthy, cedar flavor from beginning to end, nice draw, no heat. Anyone else tried one of these?
    Yes. I like them. Probably wouldn't buy a box, though.

Age Quod Agis

1 Strike

I've never smoked that one. I do enjoy a H.Upmann 1844 from time to time. Altadis & General cigars do have a place in my rotation.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

anything wrapped in Cameroon is my favorite cigar. We have Stanford Newman to thank for that.

if you ever find any Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserves - buy all you can get your hands on.

...also try the Fuente Hemingway Signature naturals. They, too, are wrapped in Cameroon tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    anything wrapped in Cameroon is my favorite cigar. We have Stanford Newman to thank for that.

if you ever find any Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserves - buy all you can get your hands on.
    I couldn't agree more!!

NOW thats a good deal on Cameroons
    La Aurora Preferidos #2 Cameroon Bundle of 20 for $99.95
    Last edited by Paddy; 01-04-2012 at 06:00 AM.
    It will always be a battle a day between those who want maximum change and those who want to maintain the status quo.
    ~ Gerry Adams

8. Default

I might have to disagree with Newman getting credit for using Cameroon wrappers. When I started smoking cigars in the early '70's Royal Jamaicans, which at that time were made with Jamaican tobacco, had Cameroon wrappers. I believe, although I'm not sure, predates Newman's efforts.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by rscogins View Post
    Holt's has these on close-out for $79.95 a box (Belicoso Tubos) 20ct.
    ~ Gerry Adams

I can't wait to smoke mine now. It seems that every website I shop from has been using this cigar as a give away after a certain amount of product has been purchased. Its quite possible that I only notice now, but it seems like I have been hearing so much about it lately

11. Default

I liked this stick quite a bit, but I felt it got kind of boring 2/3 of the way through. I have another to get a better opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by dasunder View Post
    I liked this stick quite a bit, but I felt it got kind of boring 2/3 of the way through. I have another to get a better opinion on it.
    A "boring" cigar? How do you handle a "boring" cigar. Did you just fall asleep smoking it, or was it more like you would never smoke it again...

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ggiese View Post
    A "boring" cigar? How do you handle a "boring" cigar. Did you just fall asleep smoking it, or was it more like you would never smoke it again...
    I have only smoked one of them and it is nearly impossible to completely judge a cigar based on one smoke. I think I need to smoke another one to see how it performs. I have had cigars perform poorly once on the first smoke and I thought the second one I smoked was great.

Blog Entries

I have only smoked one of them and it is nearly impossible to completely judge a cigar based on one smoke. I think I need to smoke another one to see how it performs. I have had cigars perform poorly once on the first smoke and I thought the second one I smoked was great.
    Cool. Well then, may I suggest just keeping you garage sale, joining us and smoking your cigars / writing reviews and hanging out with the community.

FWIW, I don't subscribe to the "one smoke isn't enough to judge a cigar / line" Yeah, there's variations, and there's the occasional dud, but I've been "wow'd" by 1, and "oh God, never again" by one.

Will
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Cool. Well then, may I suggest just keeping you garage sale, joining us and smoking your cigars / writing reviews and hanging out with the community.

FWIW, I don't subscribe to the "one smoke isn't enough to judge a cigar / line" Yeah, there's variations, and there's the occasional dud, but I've been "wow'd" by 1, and "oh God, never again" by one.

Will
    It was a rule I adopted for myself because when I first started smoking I was learning what "plugged" cigars were and other construction issues were. Those can have an impact how much you enjoy the cigar. My palate was also developing too. My taste changed as I smoked more and more. By giving cigars a second chance I was able judge them more fully. I may continue to smoke cigars but right now I am not in a financial position to justify purchasing cigars when I am struggling to pay student loans. Thanks

Blog Entries

It was a rule I adopted for myself because when I first started smoking I was learning what "plugged" cigars were and other construction issues were. Those can have an impact how much you enjoy the cigar. My palate was also developing too. My taste changed as I smoked more and more. By giving cigars a second chance I was able judge them more fully. I may continue to smoke cigars but right now I am not in a financial position to justify purchasing cigars when I am struggling to pay student loans. Thanks
    Ok. Just don't buy any. Seems like you have a stash to draw from for a while.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Thread Information