Thread: Hoyo De Monterrey Rothschild Double Maduro

Thumbs up Hoyo De Monterrey Rothschild Double Maduro

Just finished one. A decent smoke, a bit spicier than I thought, maybe because of the time of day( early afternoon ), and no beverage. Does anyone feel that the time of day has anything to do with the enjoyment of a cigar? Beverage or no beverage? Other than that, it had a nice draw, well formed ash, stayed cool to the end.

Blog Entries

I don't think that time of day matters, but I have definitely notice a difference in enjoyment depending on the beverage and/or snack that accompanies the cigar.
    Quote Originally Posted by badwhale View Post
    Buzz is smoking our cigars. This probably is his triumphant scam.

3. Default

Time of day doesn't matter? Smoke an LFD Chisel before breakfast and let us know if you change your mind.

Doc.
    Do draft dodgers have reunions? And if so what do they talk about?
    Doc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Doc View Post
    Time of day doesn't matter? Smoke an LFD Chisel before breakfast and let us know if you change your mind.

Doc.
    That's not really related to time of day though... your point is related to smoking a strong cigar on an empty stomach, which would be problematic at any time of the day. I would enjoy the Chisel very much in the morning, provided I just finished a breakfast burrito and had a nice strong coffee nearby.

Blog Entries

Maybe the OP meant does the time of day change the pysical characteristics of a particular cigar. I would venture to guess, No.

I will say that my palate is in different conditions different times of day, so yes, then it would change my experience with a particular cigar.

For example, when I eat a box of chocolates after dinner, and then smoke a Padron, it really brings out the essence of chocolate in that particular cigar.
    The powers that be might take it all away
    Together we burn, together we burn away

Uncle Tupelo

Blog Entries

For example, when I eat a box of chocolates after dinner, and then smoke a Padron, it really brings out the essence of chocolate in that particular cigar.
    Alina and I sat outside the other night with some red wine after dinner and she ate some dark chocolate fudge while I had a Cubao Maduro... it was a great cigar, tasted like Nicaraguan tobacco.

Thread Information